Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Fun App for Disneyphiles like us...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Fun App for Disneyphiles like us...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kati24
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Fun App for Disneyphiles like us... Reply with quote

Well it's official...I'm too pregnant to fly...(34 weeks last Tuesday) so I have had to resign myself to the fact that I'm not getting to WDW this year...sigh...

to help fill the void I searched for Disney-related apps through which I can live vicariously through others enjoying themselves...
I found a fun app called "Disney World Wait Times" by undercovertourist.com
It lists real-time results for the wait times of all of the attractions in the four parks. I like to look at it longingly (especially now when it's not so busy) and say.."oh man...if only I was at WDW I would only have to wait 20 minutes to ride Soarin'...sigh"

My extended family and I have also made a fun and competitive game out of it. We play "Guess which ride has the shortest/longest wait time" we factor in the weather in Orlando as well as the time of day and day of the week it is. We give 3 points for guessing it correctly, 2 points for second place and 1 point for third. As you can tell we don't have too much to do up here in Canada...just waiting for the snow to arrive and this really helps to pass the time Smile

We have also made it more challenging in recent weeks by playing "guess the exact wait time for attraction "x"...

So, the next time you feel bored and need a little piece of Disney to reflect on, check out this app...it's free and it's fun! Smile

p.s. yes I realize it's actually meant for people who are physically in the parks but what's the fun in that? Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Wait Times app from Touringplans.com... While it does require a subscription to their service, it usually seems to be pretty accurate. Plus the chat room, performance times, forecast features are a lot of fun. They also added access to their touring plans through the app also... Really cool!

Some other good ones are the two by WDWMagic.com, they have a Ride Counter where you can keep track of how many times you ride a particular ride and a "roulette" type app that you can use to choose which ride/show to partake...

The other Disney app that I use a lot if Magic Kingdom Tour Guide GPS... Has a lot of info, GPS map of MK, menus, etc... It is a little better suited for newbies instead of the more experienced visitors , but still pretty cool...

Of course, then there is the UAB app... which is just a shortcut to the feed... Smile
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you are missing out on the best wait times app out there, bar none.

It's called MouseWait Florida (there is also a MouseWait California; it's the original). Not only does it have very accurate wait times, but it also has:

- Park hours
- A to do list function
- GPS-aided sections to help you find the nearest restaurants, events and restrooms
- Local park weather
- Park hours and event times
- And a direct in-app link to the menus section of AllEars

There are a ton of other resources, too, including an entire section for Passholders.

That's not the best part, though, especially for people like Kati, who can't get to the parks, but want to feel like they are there. MouseWait boasts an in-app lounge where people from all over the country post about Disney, one section of which is specifically for people who are in the parks to post pictures and relevant information. It's a big, fun community, and it's perfect for living vicariously through others, real-time.

On top of all that, it's completely free. All it requires is for you to make an account with a username so you can post on the Lounge.

It is easily the best Disney app out there.
Kati24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! These sound awesome!! I hope that most (if not all) work for Blackberry! Smile
P.S. I just finished reading the new "Mousjunkies" tour book...it was very entertaining and another way to feel like you are there when you can't physically be there...of course I always had UAB on in the background while reading... Very Happy
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the Mousewait app on my Droid and wow - it looks great - anxious to participate on our upcoming trip to DLR - ocm and I will be spending a week this year so lots of time a see every little inch of DL and DCA and all the changes and additions since last year Very Happy
Tinker Bell
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I'm glad you like it!

I don't do it as often as I used to, but if you plan on using the Lounge portion of the app, you may see me on there posting from time to time. I use the same screen name here that I use there, except without the '1' at the end.

I'm sure you will find that they are a friendly lot, and that they are very good at helping people who may not live near a park feel like they are never too far away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: