Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Star Tours 2 - soft opening

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Star Tours 2 - soft opening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Star Tours 2 - soft opening Reply with quote

sarah91182 and I took a break from some the D23 festivities this weekend when we heard through the grapevine that Star Tours was performing flight tests. To our Central Florida residents, I would highly recommend getting over there before the grand opening this weekend.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be checking it out in Disneyland next month, along with the new Little Mermaid ride. I'm sure given the time of year and the relative newness of the rides, we will be spending half of the day in line for the two of them.

I'm reading good things about the new Star Tours, though.
castmember04
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this attraction get a face lift. It was fun back when I worked here years ago, but has long since been outdated. Welcome back to the Studios Star Tours!
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
We'll be checking it out in Disneyland next month, along with the new Little Mermaid ride. I'm sure given the time of year and the relative newness of the rides, we will be spending half of the day in line for the two of them.

I'm reading good things about the new Star Tours, though.

I forgot I posted this here. Anyway, the Star Tours update is awesome. It's better in every way, from your "pilot" to the quality of the video. The 3D is very good, too. The scene on Hoth was a lot of fun, and we were with an appreciative crowd who cheered at the right times and made awesomely nerdy jokes.

Get your fast pass early, though. We got to the park just as it opened and by the time we got our fastpasses 30 minutes later, they were already for a return time of 8:00 PM!

As for the new Little Mermaid ride, it's okay. It's basically a large omni-mover dark ride, like the Nemo ride in Epcot. The technology is impressive, but there's really not a whole lot to it. It condenses the events of the film down into about five minutes. It's like a Golden Book version of the film come to life. Considering that there are no fastpasses for the ride, yet, and it consistently has a line of 50+ minutes, it might be worth it for you to skip this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: