Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Private party outside of the International Gateway...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Private party outside of the International Gateway...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Private party outside of the International Gateway... Reply with quote

Hey, all.

I just remembered that when we were in Epcot three Fridays ago (11/5), the bus loop area outside of the International Gateway, across from the ferry dock, was completely walled off with movable planters. It was a large area, the entire bus loop.

On the way in, it was mostly empty inside, but on the way out, there were dozens of tables set up in a circular pattern all around the paved area (yeah, we sneaked in and looked around; what can I say, we're nosy).

In all the times I've been to Epcot, I've never seen this area utilized for anything. It seemed that they were also setting up a small stage area at the far end of the section, opposite the river. Does anyone know if there was a special event going on there that night, or was this a private event? If it was the latter, it was huge. I can't imagine how much something like that would have cost.
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got the cash, they will accomodate any function you have. I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but one awesome sounding service that is offered are "Illuminations Cruises" where either a party or a small meal for 2 or so is set up one a party boat that is parked at/under the bridge that connects the world showcase lagoon to the waterway that links all the resorts and DS.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is pricey, but the option of a private party is available to anyone willing to fork over the cash. You can even have your own private party during illuminations at one of the small areas at the waters edge.

Eat drink and be merry with an unobstructed view of Illuminations!! Very Happy
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also see it set up for the marathon with bleachers for people to watch runners. And I've seen white tents as well. Sometimes events are Disney sponsored, sometimes private.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm aware of all of the private party options for Illuminations, but seeing as how this was outside of the actual park and in no good place to view Illuminations, I assume that it must have been a private party unrelated to the Illuminations viewing packages.

It just seems like a strange place to host one. There isn't a whole lot going on with the space. I was just wondering if anyone had any specific information to the contrary. You know, just in case it was a Disney-sponsored event of some sort that we missed out on.
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it might have been set up for it if they were going to first start on land and then move onto a boat to watch. As for anything specific I would say just ask someone working in the area next time you're there. Odds are it was just some company's party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: