Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - If you haven't heard..

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

If you haven't heard..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainSad
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: If you haven't heard.. Reply with quote

Heard from different Cast Members... Starting this year, MNSSHP & MVMCP have had a time change. You will no longer be able to enter the MK @ 4:00. It is strictly 7:00 to 12:00. Another cost cutting measure I am sure. It looks like this will be the last time I go to the parties. At the price they charge for 5 hours is not worth it any more. Walt must be turning in his grave with this group running the show.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your disappointment if this is true. Even as a passholder, I would typically wait until around the "true" start of the party to enter. I still find the extra money worth the parade and fireworks alone (even though you can view the fireworks elsewhere). Entering earlier would seem like more of a money maker for MK since there is a better chance of you spending money on tasty snacks. Heck, I'm a local and would be looking around the shops for new stuff!
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a revenue management point of view, I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish. Regardless of when you enter, you have to have a pass for the park and the additional pass for the parties, right?
CaptainSad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always been you could enter at 4 with a wrist band. It was easier for CM's to see who had to leave at 7. Now it will be harder for them to check because you will have people coming and going. Also the people with party tickets miss the lighting of the castle during MVMCP. That happenings before the party starts. That was one of the benefits of the ticket. I just think spending $54 for 5 hours is not really worth it any more... I hope they change their minds on this. I think they would lose a lot if this happens.
alsirrap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that everyone now knows that 4pm is still a valid entry time for the party.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Matt and I went there this past Friday with some friends, although we didn't enter until 7pm. It didn't matter to us to enter early as we were with CMs and are passholders anyway. What CaptainSad had originally posted was written months ago and was speculation (remember: just because a few CMs said it does not make it true).

According to Jack Spence at allears.net (http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/09/mickeys_not_so_scary_halloween.html):

The party officially runs from 7pm – 12 midnight, however, guests can enter the Magic Kingdom at 4pm with their MNSSHP ticket. Upon entering, you will be given a wrist band and a trick-or-treat bag.

If for some reason you didn’t receive a wristband and/or trick-or-treat bag when you entered the park, these can be picked up at Stitch’s Great Escape located in Tomorrowland. Here, a number of Halloween clad cast members will be happy to help you.

At precisely 7pm, cast members make a sweep of the entire park and politely, but firmly ask anyone not wearing a wrist band to leave the park.

At 7pm, we noticed cast members stationed at each entrance to each land around the hub asking to see your wristband. We were also asked to show our wristbands when going on rides. So, a little too late with the information at this point as there are only a few days of the party remaining. Looking forward to next year!
Kati24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there
Just got back from our trip to WDW yesterday and we attended MNSSHP on Oct 26th. We were told by several cast members as well as the info telephone line, that we were able to enter the park at 4pm. They welcomed us at 4pm and also did the "polite but firm" sweep of the park at 7pm to ensure everyone who didn't have a wristband had left.
It was our first time attending MNSSHP and it was AWESOME! The parade and fireworks were incredible!
We will definitely be attending the party again!

p.s. for a truly amazing perspective of the Hallowishes fireworks, book yourself in for a late dinner at California Grill! We have done this previously to view Wishes but, WOW!, Hallowishes was that much better! We had dinner there this past Friday night and timed it perfectly for the fireworks show. Incredible!
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed it, Kati! This year was my 4th year attending. I hope to make it out to DL's at some point as they give out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better candy (http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/10/31/review-mickeys-halloween-party-in-disneyland/)!

Last year, Matt and I had a MK view room at the Contemporary so were able to view the fireworks from our balcony. Hallowishes is my favorite fireworks presentation - even, dare I say, more than Illuminations(!).

I hope your dinner at CG was awesome! It's been almost a year since we last went there - need to change that soon, even if we just eat at the bar!
Kati24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinner was great! It was the best we had all week, which is saying a lot because each night I found myself saying that! (Except for Whispering Canyon Cafe...went there for Lunch on Tuesday and a couple of us were sick after eating there...yikes)

I think I will agree, Hallowishes is now officially my favourite fireworks show. It's too bad we missed you! Frank, Donna, Charlotte, Bruce and I all met up to watch Illuminations on the 23rd. It was great to meet some fellow UABers and share the Disney "nuttiness" together! Very Happy
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Matt & I were at MNSSHP on the 22nd, Epcot on the 23rd for Andrew Zimmern AND the 24thfor Robert Irvine! We're locals, so just give us a holler whenever you return!
Kati24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! I had no idea! Next time for sure! We would have loved to meet you!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kati. Good to meet you and your family. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: