Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - 4 year-old severly injured at Fort Wilderness

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

4 year-old severly injured at Fort Wilderness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: 4 year-old severly injured at Fort Wilderness Reply with quote

More bad press for Disney:
http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/11/girl-4-severely-injured-in-crash-at-disneys-ft-wilderness/

Quote:
Girl, 4, severely injured in crash at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness
News — By admin on November 2, 2009 at 1:27 pm

From Sentinel Staff Writer Bianca Prieto
A 4-year-old girl was seriously injured this weekend at Disney’s Fort Wilderness when a golf cart she was riding overturned, partially pinning her underneath.

The child was riding with her father in their personal golf cart around 10:30 p.m. Saturday when the cart overturned. The driver, Charles Wickt, 37, of Big Pine Key, told officers that he swerved to avoid another cart that was driving toward them without lights, Orange County Sheriff’s Office reports show.

When the cart turned over the girl was thrown from the passenger seat and pinned. She suffered injuries to her neck, head and face, reports show. She was flown to Arnold Palmer Hospital where she was rushed into surgery. She was listed in stable condition.

Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the accident.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see blaming Disney for this one.

It was some ones personal cart and her father was driving.
anytime I've been in or near those things they tell you not to have kids in em. And most golf carts do not have lights anyway. If it was that dark he should not have been using it anyway.

I am sorry for the girl, but I see no way to blame this on Disney.
mdegrand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, but you know that someone will try to point a finger at the Mouse.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always point a finger at the person with the deepest pockets. Rolling Eyes

It is very sad that a child was hurt but There shouldn't be any way Disney
could be responsible.
alsirrap
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one that I didn't hear about until reading it here. It seems that any accident at
WDW is major news. I really think that, as has been mentioned above, people think they have a right to profit from any accident regardless of their own responcibilty. It's only right that Disney has to own up to their responcility, but that's a sword that cuts both ways.
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone here; it's unfortunate that this little girl was seriously injured, but I just don't get why any accident that happens on Disney property has to be Disney's fault.
I've never been on any of these golf carts, and if what WDWFan says is true about the lights on most of the carts, why would you even risk driving around any of those at night? I'm pretty sure that there would have been another, safer way to get back(like walking?).

Certainly, I hope that the young girl pulls out of this alright, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: