Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW April 18-26

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW April 18-26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: WDW April 18-26 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just booked my WDW vacation and we are gonna stay at the polynesian!!! We did that buy 4 get 3 free nights thing and WOW that saved alot! We normally stay at the Wilderness Lodge and have only been to the Poly for dinner at Ohana's. So I was wondering if anyone had any special things I should look for or do while staying there since it might be one of the few times we get to stay at this resort?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will just miss you. We were going to go down 23 - 27 for a long weekend. When we couldn't get a moderate or value, my wife asked a co-worker what was going on that week.. RI and MA vacation and spring break. Since we don't have kids in school or college, it never occurred to us. So we are going the next weekend.

We did the buy 4 get 7 day thing when they offered it in 2003, my wife's first ever Disney experience. It was a great deal. We are AP holders now so we don't book the inclusive packages any more. Make sure to take advantage of extra magic hours. If you can book the dinner show at the Poly, do it. It is a great time. And enjoy that you don't have to wait for a bus when the park closes if you are at Epcot or MK.

I have never stayed at a deluxe resort so I am very jealous.

Enjoy. When you see Mickey we'll see him "next week".
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have kids or if you are a big kid like me they have a great pool
and water slide.
There is also a great game room to play in. Very Happy

Yes, I love still being a 44 year old kid. Wink

Not to mention if you don't want to fight the crowds you can see the
fireworks at the Magic kingdon out on the grass at the resort.
After you have dinner at O'Hana's of course.

Have a great stay at the Poly!! Very Happy
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever spent that much money on a hotel room, Donna would whack me upside the head. Her reasoning is, stay 3 nights at POP for what 1 night at a deluxe costs. More time with the Mouse, more money to spend shopping.

Eat at O'Hanna????? Is there no food court?
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok first off you need to check out the unoffical page for the Poly at http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/ and you all thought I was crazy about the Poly. The Water Pageant is a sentimental favorite also sitting in a hammock with the Castle in the background sipping on a Dole whip. Man I am JEALOUS!!!
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so exciting to find out that they sell dole whips at the resort!!! I am going to have to relax on a hammock and enjoy one just for eatmon Very Happy !!! I also checked out that tikiman site. That had alot of good info!Thanks
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from our WDW trip Sad . I now truly understand Eatmon's obsession with the poly music! After staying there for the last 9 days it has become my hands down favorite resort music!!!! Laying by the pool and hearing that music playing the whole time was so relaxing and just made the experience that much better!!!! So I apologize now because I am gonna request tons of Poly tracks!! Also the Pina Colavas at the poolside bar were amazing and I highly recommend trying it Drink !!!!!!!
eatmon74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another convert Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: