Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - D23 - Official Community for Disney Fans!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

D23 - Official Community for Disney Fans!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you subscribe to the community?
Yes! Another place to find all things "Disney"
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Maybe...$75 is kinda steep
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No thanks...
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Kati24
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: D23 - Official Community for Disney Fans!! Reply with quote

Hello All!!
While at Magic Kingdom last month I saw a poster that simply had "Are You 23? Find out March 10" on a black back ground with a website you could visit. Naturally, I was very intrigued and went straight to my computer to check it out...
The website added more mystery because, when you visited before March 10, it simply had a running countdown of days, hours, minutes, seconds until March 10.

I was super excited to check back today to find that Disney has created an Official Community for Disney Fans!! Hooray! Check out the details they posted! It looks like it will be great fun!!
Here is the website:
http://d23.disney.go.com/index.html

Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23!
03.10.09 - Your favorite walk is down Main Street, U.S.A., and your heart skips a beat at the sight of the world's most beloved mouse. You know the lyrics to every Disney song, and one of your favorite pastimes is wishing upon a star. You're a fan of all things Disney, and up until now you've had no official community to share your passion for Disney, to celebrate timeless Disney stories and traditions with other fans. That all changed today at The Walt Disney Company's Annual Shareholder Meeting in Oakland, California, when Disney President and CEO Bob Iger officially launched D23, the first official community for Disney fans.

Welcome to the world's first official community for Disney fans!
Named in honor of the year 1923, when Walt left Kansas City, headed for Hollywood and founded what would become the Disney Studios, D23 gives Disney fans VIP access to all things Disney through this brand-new Web site; Disney twenty-three, the club's beautiful quarterly magazine; and, in perhaps the most exciting news of all, the D23 Expo, a Disney fan mega event to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center this fall!

"At Disney, we're known for having a fantastic legacy built on timeless storytelling, beloved characters and unforgettable experiences," Bob said today at the meeting. "But equally important to the Disney legacy are our fans, who keep the magic alive by passing on Disney's timeless stories generation after generation. As a way of saying 'thank you,' we've created D23. We hope you'll join us as we celebrate our fans everywhere and share the magic of Disney's past, present and future."
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya already threw my 75 bucks into it. For one reason I want the Magazine and my local bookstores can only order it for me so I figured I would by pass the middle man. Plus I did not get in to the SHAG event and am using that money I set aside for that event and decided to use it here. I am intrigued plus I get my official "I am a Disney geek" card from the company. I mean come on that has to be worth the price of admission. Wink So if anyone wants to know if it is worth it just wait and I will give you my Two Cents in a report on the forums.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, already purchased a registration for myself and mrsguru... While we may miss out on the expo this year, it would be cool if it goes back and forth between DLR and WDW...
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we'll be in DL for the HM 40th event, we'll be able to attend the expo.

$75 is kind of steep, but there are some cool items to be had and all.

But my question is...what will this do to all the "unofficial" Disney Fan sites?

eatmon74

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder the same thing. I think like most of us we frequent multiple sites. So for me it will just be an added stop on my daily Disney web browsing. Here is the conspiracy theory I want to throw out. Did D23 kill Mousefest? It will be interesting to see if an Expo happens at WDW during that time frame.
Kati24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
Ya already threw my 75 bucks into it. For one reason I want the Magazine and my local bookstores can only order it for me so I figured I would by pass the middle man. Plus I did not get in to the SHAG event and am using that money I set aside for that event and decided to use it here. I am intrigued plus I get my official "I am a Disney geek" card from the company. I mean come on that has to be worth the price of admission. Wink So if anyone wants to know if it is worth it just wait and I will give you my Two Cents in a report on the forums.

The magazine was of special interest to me as well and I am definitely looking forward to my official "I am a Disney Geek" card! Smile
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Dave the Disney Expert and I are going to go toe to toe.

See you guys in the forums!
UltraByte
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to sign up for this, but I'm really tight on money (looking to get a few video games soon, so...).

Just checking, there isn't an age requirement, with the theme being "Are You 23", right? Because that would really suck. :<
Kati24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if there is an age restriction but I know that the significance of "Are you 23?" is because it was named in honor of the year 1923, when Walt left Kansas City, headed for Hollywood and founded what would become the Disney Studios.
Kati24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kati24 wrote:
Not sure if there is an age restriction but I know that the significance of "Are you 23?" is because it was named in honor of the year 1923, when Walt left Kansas City, headed for Hollywood and founded what would become the Disney Studios.

ok just looked up the age requirement and it says that while all ages may be a member, you must be 18 to order the kit. Smile hope this helps!
UltraByte
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kati24 wrote:
Kati24 wrote:

ok just looked up the age requirement and it says that while all ages may be a member, you must be 18 to order the kit. Smile hope this helps!

D'aww... Now I gotta wait until October before I can really make any plans to sign up for the program. :<
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraByte wrote:
D'aww... Now I gotta wait until October before I can really make any plans to sign up for the program. :<

The true Disney fan exhibits patience before joy and happiness arrives. You'll make it. Very Happy
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this $75 an annual fee or a one time charge?
Kati24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
is this $75 an annual fee or a one time charge?

It's only good for 1 year...here are some more details about what you get for the $75. Smile

A one-year D23 Charter Membership* includes:

* Disney ''twenty-three'' Quarterly Publication: A one-year subscription (four issues) to D23's exquisite collectible magazine, filled with stunning photography, dazzling illustrations and the ultimate Disney insider perspective. It's your all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney's past, present and future!
* Membership Card and Certificate: Your membership card and personalized, suitable-for-framing charter member certificate feature many of Disney's most beloved characters drawn by Disney Master Artist David Pacheco.
* Surprise Collectible Gift: A collectible just for D23 members. You'll receive a gift you'll cherish from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection.
* Exclusive Special Events and Merchandise: D23 offers its members unique special-event opportunities throughout the year, as well as access to exclusive, limited-edition merchandise and collectibles.
* D23 Expo: It's the ultimate Disney fan experience, taking place in Anaheim, California from September 10-13, 2009. This can't-miss event will feature guest speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and so much more! Admission will be discounted for D23 members.
* Subscription to bi-weekly D23 FanFare e-newsletter with breaking news and special offers. (You may opt out of receiving FanFare after your first e-newsletter arrives.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: