Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Thoughts on Nemo

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Thoughts on Nemo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer1013
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Thoughts on Nemo Reply with quote

I visited Disneyland recently over the Thanksgiving holiday and experienced the new Nemo Submarine voyage for the first time. Maybe I hyped it up too much, maybe my expectations were too high - but I was terribly dissapointed.

I was expecting greatness, something that would really WOW me. Instead, I felt like the ride was too 2-dimentional - not enough depth. It was like watching a movie underwater - not nearly as cool as expecting to see and feel like the 3d characters were within that underwater space as you look through the sub's portholes.

A lot of the characters didn't even move at all - the diver towards the beginning of the ride was stationary and the scary fish towards the end just sat there with some flashing lights on him. These two elements really took away from the experience feeling "alive" or in anyway interesting, fresh and new.

I was expecting to see something I've never seen before - but instead, I saw something I've seen time and time again. Frankly, I was bored. And so very dissapointed. Sad

Anyone feel the same way I do? Or on the other side of the spectrum, LOVED it?
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Nemo Reply with quote

jennifer1013 wrote:
and the scary fish towards the end just sat there with some flashing lights on him.

I dont know about the scarey fish at the end. But last summer when it first opened, the LINE was scarey enough to keep me away.

I was looking forward to it but couldnt convince my fellow travelers to wait in any line that long. Maybe at the UAB meet next year Smile
disneyfreak01
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I found myself just resting up against the window waiting for something exciting to happen.

I did really enjoy the explosion sequence, though.

Maybe the fact that we stood in line for 2+ hours right at park opening had some affect on what I was expecting but I definitely got off the ride with an empty feeling.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. I guess by now it's become pretty obvious that the Nemo Submarine ride leaves ALOT to be desired and has none of the 'immersion', so to speak, of the original ride. However, having said that, I do think that this kind of attraction could find some acceptance in any other context besides Tommorowland. I know that we've all been complaining that Pixar has been taking too many liberties with their partnership up to now, but if given a more singular area for their attractions, (as in DCA), Nemo and the others could seem to make more sense. As far as Tommorowland itself is concerned I really do think the company needs to reasses what constitutes a 'classic' dark ride versus a 'convenient' one, if you catch my drift. Well, that's my two cents, peace.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They totally filled in the old 20k under the sea at the MK. Now there is just grass.. it is not visible to park guests. I think ariels grotto and poohs playground occupy that front.
tuxhero
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I was looking forward to the ride, it does again feel lacking in a way, and as much as I did like it it didn't feel like a ride I could go on more than once in any Disneyland trip I take.

Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash, Star Tours and Indy all make me feel like riding again even when I've gone on them once in a trip, but after waiting over an hour for Nemo I didn't feel I needed to ride it again.

So here's hoping they fix that with the New Carsland in DCA and any future rides. I just hope that Midway Mania is will be able to overcome the feeling of lacking that Pixar based rides have so far given me. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I have mixed reactions. It was my first trip to DL and I waited for about 75 minutes for it. (Short at the time). While I can not really remember the 20,000 ride, I was expecting something more than I got. I is great for kids. It just seemed as if the interior of the sub was utterly unthemed. The projections were so close to the sub, it was as if they were hiding everything behind it. Nice? Yes. Glad I saw it. Not an E ticket in ANY way. (What rank is it anyhow?).

Personally, I thought they could have done more. The cost of replacing the lagoon walls so they did not leak seems to have taken the most money.

Perhaps they should have looked into the tokyo version of 20,000? Cheaper yet supposed to be much better.
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they could have thought out the line a bit better. All those people just standing around makes the area around the lagoon very tacky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: