Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Carthay Circle Theater Replica to be Icon for DCA

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Carthay Circle Theater Replica to be Icon for DCA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Carthay Circle Theater Replica to be Icon for DCA Reply with quote

Disney Erecting Replica of Historic Theater in Anaheim
Disney on Tuesday announced a $1.1-billion redo of its California Adventure park adjacent to Disneyland, whose centerpiece, it indicated, will be a replica of the Carthay Circle Theater, where many of Disney's animated features, including its first, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, were originally screened. The theater was built in 1926 and featured a vast courtyard, making it ideal for crowded premieres. In 1969 it was demolished and replaced by an office complex. Today's (Wednesday) Wall Street Journal said the revamped California Adventure will be expanded by about 12 acres and include attractions associated with Pixar movies that have previously been given short shrift at Disneyland.
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are curious...here's an artists rendering of the theater...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what it looks like now:

Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a well thought out idea. The pixar part will cause a lot "distention in the ranks" but I think folks should wait and see what they get before passing judgment.

The item I am curious about is it looked like, on the map in the other post, that the Walt Disney story is going in DCA. If so, is it coming out of DL? Is our old 16th president returning home?
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Looks like a well thought out idea. The pixar part will cause a lot "distention in the ranks" but I think folks should wait and see what they get before passing judgment.

The item I am curious about is it looked like, on the map in the other post, that the Walt Disney story is going in DCA. If so, is it coming out of DL? Is our old 16th president returning home?

Currently it's still Disneyland: the first 50 magical years...Then with all of the different versions of the Walt Disney Story...I'm sure they'll throw together something new for the museum portion, or at the very least pull the stuff from MGM studios. Lincoln has been rumored to return, but I'm not holding my breath on it.
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carthay Circle sounds nice..but wait. didnt they try that with Grummans Chinese somewhere? Then they hid it with some blue hat?
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they couldn't legally use the chinese theater as the icon of the park. They couldn't even use the name Grumman. So the earful tower became the centerpiece, only it was nowhere near the center. It must have seriously bothered a lot of people for a long time, which is why that park got the new hat icon. I wonder if now with the Eisner budget gone, will MGM get a real icon. Something that compares to Spaceship Earth, and Cinderella Castle.

As far as DCA goes, if the original theater is gone, then isn't it now public domain? Meaning anyone can use the name, design, or anything like that? I'm not sure how all that works. Let's say for example UAB was going to actually become an airline, and I will have to become an actual aircraft michanic (which oddly enough I am in real life), could we call it Eastern? Eastern went belly up, so isn't the name up for grabs? If i wanted to open a store called Caldor, can I do it? Basically, if it's defunct, dont all trademarks and such go away?
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTKnight3 wrote:
Carthay Circle sounds nice..but wait. didnt they try that with Grummans Chinese somewhere? Then they hid it with some blue hat?

HAHA Crying or Very sad I can't believe they did that. Easy come easy go.

The Carthay Circle Theater is a clever diea but what if the show inside would take you back to 1937 and show the story of how they made Snow White. Have Audio Animatronics display the story of Snow White and how it was made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: