its a small world teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What's one thing you want to change?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What's one thing you want to change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about no smoking? The resorts are smoke-free, its time for the parks, too!
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a smoker, myself...I think it's good enough that we are asked to smoke in separate, and sometimes hidden corners by garbage cans, rather than have to walk 30 minutes from one side of Epcot to some area on the other side of the parking lot.

Since a good percentage of guests (especially from Europe and the US) are smokers, and have money to spend....I don't think Disney will ever be completely smoke free.

As for the resorts...they are NOT smoke free..there are designated areas there, too.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
As for the resorts...they are NOT smoke free..there are designated areas there, too.....

you're right. of course.

As for smoking in the parks, I'd be happy with better use of the designated smoking areas. On my last trip, I kept running into people smoking throughout the parks.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does seem to be a problem. I don't know if it's a language barrier, or just plain rudeness!!

On a couple of occasions I've pointed people with lit cigarettes, in the direction of a smoking area. When they gave me a dirty look, I flashed my pack at them, winked, and said "we gotta watch out for each other"...that usually brings a smile to their face, and they comply.

Other people just don't seem to care, and smoke where ever they darn well please....if a friendly Disney staff member reminder goes unheeded, I think that should be grounds for removal.....got no problem with that!

Just because we have an addiction...it doesn't mean we have the right to expose everyone to it....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an ex-smoker (13 years this year!) and I'm all for smokers rights. They have a place to smoke, go there and do their thing, but don't force it upon the rest of us who don't want it in our faces (or lungs).

Personally, I think it's just a total disregard for others....just plan rudeness. You can tell the ones who know better...they are the ones trying to hide the butt when they are in a no smoking area.

me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of bringing something back to Disneyland? Walt. Think of what it would have been like if he were still running that park. Someone reming me to come back on August 1st and make another post. Bring back the DL Gallery.
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Country Bear Jamboree to Disneyland, make better use of the land, adding in new attractions based off of Aladdin, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (the entrance could be worked out to be within the Castle at the location that used to be the entrance for the walk through and the exit could be where the exit for the walk through was, of course this would mean construction of new tunnels or perhaps bridges of some sort and such, but it could be done)
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, bring back the Disneyland gallery. I think that place was really cool, even though I never got to see it. It deffinatly was unique though. Where are they gonna put the Main Street model now?
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. My one change, (and I know I'm commiting a cardinal sin here), get rid of some of the merchandise, please! Somehow I think it's both absolutely unnecesary and redundant to have stores inside the park that "specialize" in "one of a kind" merchandise and to actually have a self-contained "shopping district" outside the park that also "specializes", you know? What I really, REALLY would like to see change is the tearing -up and shortening of queue areas and rest spots to make way for more kiosks and impulse stands. We get it, you want us to spend as much as possible on your brand name, but everybody has their limits! I thought the whole point of going to a Disney park was to get away from the outside world and its "accesories". Well, before I really start ranting I better just close by saying that in some cases less is definitely more in my humble opinion. Until later, peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the same vein... being able to leave a ride with out having to deal with the exit queue stores would be nice. And returning Main street to a set of small stores rather than a modern day strip mall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: