Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disneyland suggestions

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disneyland suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Disneyland suggestions Reply with quote

Well it's about a week now until my first trip to Disneyland, and I'm looking for suggestions on some of those "not to be missed" things to see or do. Or maybe some tips on navigation or planning the day.

Thanks in advance for the tips Smile
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be missed suggestions:
1. A meal at the Blue Bayou
2. Indiana Jones ride
3. Matterhorn ride
eatmon74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what napabeth sugested. and would add seeing the fireworks. both fantasmic and the normal fireworks. Oh and don't forget your camera for where in disney pics. Wink
MikeA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Bayou... check
Indiana Jones... BIG check
Matterhorn... probably. Thunder Mountain RR is about the top of my coaster ability. Is it rougher than TMRR?

The camera is tuned up and raring to go Smile
Bought an extra memory card for it and plan to take lots of pics.
I have a reservation for the Fantasmic preferred seating area too. Apparently they no longer do the balcony area of the gallery though, and I hope the other are is pretty good.

Thanks again
eatmon74

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Say Big Thunder and the Matterhorn are equal in roughness
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..plus..the Matterhorn is a part of Disney History! Think all of the people who have riden that, since it was first built in 1959. Granted..it got a nice face lift in 1978, and again in 1994. In 2009, The Matterhorn will celebrate 50 years of continuous joy, and thrills! It is a "Must Do"...and a "Do" you will cherish, each time you see a picture of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there are those little things called the Subs. Must see!!!!!
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matterhorn: First steel coaster in the world, the only coaster that I know that actually splashes into water, a must do. Probably no rougher than BTMRR.

Indy - Probably more violent than any of the coasters, but this is my favorite ride in any of the parks. Almost identical to the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom, but with a theme and story that's a million times better.

Blue Bayou - the Monte Cristo sandwich is excellent. However, I think they only serve it during dinnertime (or maybe that's lunchtime). Anyhoo, if they aren't serving Monte Cristos, you can dip across the street to the other New Orleans Square place and grab one - they make them all day. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

I would second what eatmon said about the fireworks. They're similar to wishes, but even better, as they take you on a trip through the different lands around the park. Some really cool effects. For instance, for the Haunted Mansion portion, they play the "is this haunted room actually stretching" audio clip from the Ghost Host, and then they fire a circular ring of fireworks around the courtyard - really gives you the illusion of being in the stretching room. Cool!

I would add:
1.) Do the Bill Hill and the Hillbillies show. I absolutely loved it, and I'm not a big fan of country music/fiddles. However, the MC (if it's the same guy) is absolutely fantastic.

Hope this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike...

Hit me up at PMs when you're going to be out here...I might be able to hook you up with a few things for your visit. I'm always up for giving a tour if you're interested....Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL... I have to thank everyone for all the advice! Thumbs Up

I've been here all week and I've done everything suggested except the subs. The line is just too long by the time I can get there. 3 hours seems to be the norm. And didnt get to the Hillbilliers either Kurt. Maybe next time huh Smile

A few things...
Blue Bayou - AWESOME!!! I requested a water view table and waited the extra 10 minutes. Well worth the wait.
Indiana Jones was all I had hoped.
We had reserved seating for the 9:00 Fantasmic, and got to stick around for the fireworks too. Good seats, AND great deserts!

Thanks to everyone for the great advice.!!
I cant wait to return again Smile

Special thanks to you tEpiphany - it was great to meet you out here. We had an absolutely great evening.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike! Glad you're enjoying DL. It's one of my favorite places to visit. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: