Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - D23 Destination D: WDW 40th!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

D23 Destination D: WDW 40th!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: D23 Destination D: WDW 40th! Reply with quote

Were any UABers in attendance?

Sarah91182, wvugeograd, and myself teamed up for the Great Scavenger Hunt on Wednesday and Thursday. Wow...that was tougher than I imagined! On top of it, we were dealing with near-record heat! All in all, it was a lot of fun. And out of 520 teams, our team (for you Rose and Crown fans.....Team High Street Lowlifes) came in 43rd place! We were pretty happy with those results considering it was our first time in this event.

The Destination D event itself was awesome. One of my favorite parts was the "Weird Walt Disney World." They showed some great vintage pictures and videos that were hilarious. The 70's video about Grad Nites featuring some creepy minstels was definitely a highlight. Describing it would not give it justice...it truly was a work of art. Creepy, psychadellic art.

Over the next several days, I'm sure the online Disney community will be inundated with details from the event. So instead of trying to do a recap, I just want to say seeing Richard Sherman perform was an incredible experience. He performed a bunch of selections from his works in film and then a few WDW tunes. We were even treated to an unexpected visit by Dreamfinder and Figment to introduce One Little Spark. The cast member choir and ensemble was an awesome surprise at the end! They performed a wonderful medley of old school Epcot tracks.

This past weekend was such a great experience! I enjoyed seeing the extinct attractions get the love they deserved and reliving the old television spots that got me fired up for WDW trips as a kid in Massachusetts. But I will say this.....after spending a total of 13 hours in all 4 parks on that scavenger hunt, I will never look at the plaque outside of Gertie's Ice Cream at the Studios the same way again.

I think I can speak for sarah91182 and say we cannot wait for the next one and hope to see you there!
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can color me "jealous."

The Dreamfinder-Figment-Richard Sherman triumvirate seems like it was as good as it sounds.

But that makes me wonder, how many other UABers here are also D23 members?
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are members, but from a distance. If they ever hold an event in the NYC tri-state area, we'll be all over it. Other than that, it's kind of tough for us to get to these things.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-State area D23 members unite!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Charter D23 Member. We even got to attend the 1st Expo in Anaheim...it was awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: