Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Changes in WDW that, personally, I don't like

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Changes in WDW that, personally, I don't like
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Changes in WDW that, personally, I don't like Reply with quote

I did a quick scan and I don't see these topics discussed, so I'll start it here.

WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO TTA! Rather than it being a ride on a transportation system, it's now just a moving commercial for all the attractions in Tomorrowland. They ruined it! They even took out "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow."

And what's with the low-tech Christmas Lights in ToT? They had all the cool props and mystical things, now it's a blanket with Christmas Lights on it? Did they HAVE to make it look cheesy?

Honestly, I hadn't been in WDW in 2 years, and from what I've seen, I didn't miss much. VERY disappointing.

GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Daveypoo on what the TTA has become.
If they didn't have any good ideas why not just leave it alone!!!

And taking out " paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow" ?? Why?

I haven't been on ToT in a while so i'll have to check out the new light Rolling Eyes
when we're there in August.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, yes. I miss the old TTA spiel.

Now as for the ToT "starfield) scrim in the 5th Dimension Room, it is only temporary for the Summer Nightastic promotion. It will return to it's former glory.

[Spoiler Alert]

What did you think of the other effects, such as them taking your picture/projecting it? The eerie music as you enter the drop shaft? The green lights at the top of the shaft? The drop sequence? Did you ride during the day or at night?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We rode at during the day, and I liked the effects and drops (although my daughter's boyfriend left behind some of his stomach and swore he'd never ride that thing again!). I'm sure the effects looked better at night, and I really loved the ride, but that "starfield" looks so...lousy.

In California, the prelude to the drops is a very different show, since they have a very different ride setup (smaller footprint so a different ride) and one of the things it does is projects your car's image then it's dissolves as you transfer over to the next dimension (like what happens now on the WDW version). It's a really cool effect.

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdegrand and I will be riding the DCA version in late September to compare (first trip for both of us). I've heard that the dissolving effect is a lot better there since it was designed for that attraction's footprint. I totally agree with you about the starfield looking lousy though, especially fully knowing what's hiding behind it! What made the ride better for me (and I hope they keep this instead of reverting) was the music in entering the drop chamber. That really made the ride creepy (apart from seeing the ventriloquist's dummy at the end :shudder"). Oh, and I also loved when the lights went out in the boiler room and you could hear the singing!

I rode a couple weeks ago with my two sisters, and one of them hadn't ridden since it opened (she's 20 now; Mom and I told her it was called "the happy elevator ride" back in the day. Boy, did THAT scare her from elevators the rest of the trip! Twisted Evil The 15 year old has ridden several times, last time in December). The one thing that freaked the 20 year old out the most originally was the fifth dimension scene; it's the one part she recalled when we talked about the changes after riding (while in the queue to ride again! Florida downpour = NO WAIT!!!). That was the scariest part for her. I'm looking forward to the scene returning!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both ToT's. They both work well for their location, and that's what's really fun about them. We actually attended the grand opening of ToT in DCA. We (and a HUGE bunch of us) all dressed in period clothing and had one of the best times at a Disney Event. Here is a picture from that night...and in my opinion, the BEST ToT picture ever!

THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE

(that's deb and I behind the "popular" girl)

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hilarious.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha that pic is great! Thanks for sharing! The guy in the back row trying to climb out is hilarious!
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG too funny!

Personally, I'd be too busy screaming and ducking to even THINK about posing!

Well done Bravo
swimasb
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry, double post)

Last edited by swimasb on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
swimasb
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the dissolving thing you described earlier what used to be there, or was it something else? The only thing I remember being there is the starfield, and I think its one of the coolest effects in the show, I just wish when it "opens", so would the doors. The last time I rode it before our most recent trip, it scared me a lot, so I may have just forgotten what was there.

I agree with the TTA. I miss paging Mr. Tom Morrow. However, I think that it could still be an ad for the rides with a little reworking of the script to make them into stops along the route, and I would still love it.

jbohn
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTA? Oh, you mean the "Wedway Peoplemover".
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimasb wrote:
The only thing I remember being there is the starfield, and I think its one of the coolest effects in the show, I just wish when it "opens", so would the doors.

The starfield that (I think) you're thinking of occurs after watching a scene and everything goes black and the stars come appear. That one is a cool effect. The one we're referring to looking lousy is in the temporary one in the fifth dimension scene when you're elevator leaves its shaft and travels along the floor and into the drop shaft. It's black scrims with lights to look like a starfield, and is not impressive, considering how the scene normally appears.
CountryBearFan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Changes in WDW that, personally, I don't like Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO TTA! Rather than it being a ride on a transportation system, it's now just a moving commercial for all the attractions in Tomorrowland. They ruined it! They even took out "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow."

They didn't ruin it. They just brought that ride back to its roots.

Guess you don't remember the old ORAC-1 narrations from the 70s and 80s...
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Changes in WDW that, personally, I don't like Reply with quote

CountryBearFan wrote:
daveypoo wrote:

They didn't ruin it. They just brought that ride back to its roots.

Guess you don't remember the old ORAC-1 narrations from the 70s and 80s...

Yup i remember it well at least some things dont change

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: