Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Santas at EPCOT

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Santas at EPCOT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Santas at EPCOT Reply with quote

Since we are headed to FL for Christmas this year, we were thinking about stopping at EPCOT to see the Santas / Storytellers in World Showcase. We would be there either between 12/21 or 12/22

Has anyone done this? Any tips to share?

It will be fun just to stop and see all the decorations and spend my time at my favorite park (before spending the holiday with the inlaws), but just wasn't sure how crazy crowded it would be. Rolling Eyes
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't speak for that period, but I did go early Dec one year and it was wonderful.
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet another trip to the World w/out her fav sister Crying or Very sad
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be out... you will have to check the daily show guide to see the times. We have seen some of these and they are lots of fun.
kray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, because I've played it up big time to my DH. I'm ready to go the World at the drop of a hat, but he needs a litle more encouragement! Wink
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Santas start once the "Christmas Around the World" starts, usually the day after Thanksgiving...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraysister wrote:

This is starting to be a bad habit...

And my brother just left for the world with out me. While I'm not blaming anyone, it appears this leaving folks behind is contagious!
kray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
kraysister wrote:

And my brother just left for the world with out me. While I'm not blaming anyone, it appears this leaving folks behind is contagious!

Can't you guys find WDW without your siblings to help you ??? Wink Tourist
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Travel Channel special on this and it seemed like something really interesting to hear.
So every country in World Showcase participates in the Santas Around the World??? Confused
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime I get to WDW for the Holidays I make it a point to see the Holiday show at the Norway pavilion. With the Norwegian version of Santa "Yule Niessen". This show is very well done. Their santa is more of a nimble trickster and the show is based on a Norwegian girl telling the audience the story of Yulie Niessen, while Yule Niessen taunts and tricks her with pranks amongst the crowd and even "stops time". But SHE CAN'T SEE HIM, so she thinks all the goings on are done by the audience. It very entertaining. It's a very cute show and all the kids crack up every time I've seen it.

If you do choose to go see this one, which I highly recommend, Yule Niessen will ask the audience what they leave out for him on Christmas Eve. Most say cookies or even beer, which he thinks are good. But he then reveals after building up to it that the wonderful children of Norway leave him delicious PORRIDGE!! He tries to get the crowd excited about it but naturally they aren't. If you get your group to all yell PORRIDGE! when he asks this question his reaction is quite hilarious. This is seriously one of my favorite parts about Christmas at WDW and NOBODY should skip this one.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the countries "participate".... not all of them have a "Santa", so they will feature a figure that is similar. Like Morocco, they do not celebrate Christmas, so they usually have someone to comes out and talks about Ramadan. Over at the American Adventure, they have a second person who comes out and discusses Kwanza. Check out this article from allears.net that discusses the Santas: http://allears.net/tp/ep/holiday08.htm
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kray wrote:
WDWFan wrote:
kraysister wrote:

Can't you guys find WDW without your siblings to help you ??? Wink Tourist

Yes, Yes we can, but then we would be racked with the terrible guilt knowing we left them behind
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you guys find WDW without your siblings to help you ??? Wink Tourist[/quote]

Yes, Yes we can, but then we would be racked with the terrible guilt knowing we left them behind[/quote]

Surprised I feel your pain WDW. I really do. But YOU are not the one stuck in the car with YKW (the nephew) ALL the trip down and back.

Now with Kraysister, it is a completely different story. That could be (although I am not sure) a simple oversight. But WDWFan, you SAID you could not take the girls out of HS. I could ask them if they want daddy to take them- Cool

Also, it is REALLY hot and they seem to have HS Musical 3 performing everywhere. I would hate to expose you to that... Wink
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTKnight3 wrote:
But YOU are not the one stuck in the car with YKW (the nephew) ALL the trip down and back.

You made the decision to bring him... if you had brought me, I'd only bother you half that much. Wink
CTKnight3 wrote:
But WDWFan, you SAID you could not take the girls out of HS.

Now come on... who said anything about bringing the girls! I'm not in HS any more!
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
Like Morocco, they do not celebrate Christmas, so they usually have someone to comes out and talks about Ramadan. Over at the American Adventure, they have a second person who comes out and discusses Kwanza. Check out this article from allears.net that discusses the Santas: http://allears.net/tp/ep/holiday08.htm

I really appreciate how Disney diversifies the shows for the audience!
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: