Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Man guilty of groping Minnie Mouse at Disney

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Man guilty of groping Minnie Mouse at Disney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Man guilty of groping Minnie Mouse at Disney Reply with quote

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-groping-minnie-mouse-081109,0,5727056.story

A jury this morning found John William Moyer guilty of groping of a woman playing Minnie Mouse at Walt Disney World.
Moyer, 60, of Pennsylvania, was convicted of misdemeanor battery for the June incident this morning.
According to the sentence, Moyer has to write a letter of apology to the victim, Brittney Duncan McGoldrick. He also is under supervised probation for 180 days, must complete 50 hours of community service within four months, pay $1,000 in court costs and submit to a mental evaluation with treatment, if necessary.
During sentencing, Moyer's adult son spoke on his behalf.
"He's a good man," Emory Moyer said. "He's a nice guy."
Later, Moyer spoke briefly to the judge.
"I am innocent, I am not guilty of the crimes that I've been charged with," Moyer said.
Moyer has no criminal history and has never received a speeding ticket, he said. This was his first offense.
Walt Disney World spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said she is checking with the company's legal advisors before making a public comment about this morning's ruling against Moyer.
McGoldrick told prosecutors at the Orange County Courthouse on Monday she had pushed Moyer away from her after the incident.
"My first reaction I just pushed him down. I was doing everything I could to get his hands off my breasts," Duncan McGoldrick said.
Jurors began their deliberations Monday afternoon.
"We're just hoping for the only fair and just verdict in this case, which is 'not guilty'," said Zahra S. Umansky, Moyer's attorney.
Moyer had been booked into Orange County Jail on June 7 and was released on $1,000 bail.
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, when I used to work for Disney, I got groped all the time. I was a "tall munk" at 5'4", and there are more women than men at that height- so I think half of the people expected me to be female. It's quite disgusting- grown men(older, usually) trying to get some ridiculous and perverted feel from a CHIPMUNK.
That said, it's hard to tell who's guilty and what-not in situations like this, but having the experience I've had, that's just sick and I would have expected no less than him being guilty. It's not like this is something that's constantly happening at Disney- that I know of- but it's something that, when it does happen, it's just stupid. It's a family theme park, for goodness sake. But I guess that doesn't mean anything to some people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: