Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Confirmed: New WDW Fantasyland

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Confirmed: New WDW Fantasyland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlando is too busy putting money into the new Magic arena. They've had to cease redevelopment of downtown and the building of the performing arts center. They're trying to get the SunRail idea to go, but that's another funding and political nightmare. The biggest accomplishment in the last few years was finally opening up the movie theater at The Plaza downtown, which was promised a few years ago (of course Cameron Kuhn had his hands in that!).

As for an electrical transportation system, it still has to get it power source from somewhere, and I doubt it would be anything 'renewable', especially with the scope. It would just be more construction that would make the I-4 traffic worse that it already is. The opening of the new interchanges haven't helped much.

Anyhoo, isn't the Barnstormer being rethemed with a Timothy the Mouse/Dumbo theme?
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah i know all that i lived in Casselberry for 30 + years but the sun rail is the worst thing for Orlando the monorail is still better futuristic and Eco friendly diesel is not he way to go besides all the accidents are with rail this is no way to go believe me

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, I don't want the rail. I'm fine with the size of my carbon footprint! Lets the world know I'm here Very Happy
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that the Monorail runs about 1,000,000 per mile to put up rail for. Now that seems EXTREMLY exessive for a cement slab and electrical conduits, but that is still a large amount of money, once you start looking distances. I would like to see them link up MGM and the Animal Kingdom though.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off Topic ...ok people.....let's get back to talking about the new Fantasyland....I swear...you UABers are just all over the place....blah...blah...blah.... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK back on topic, They "Could" convert the Raceway to a CARS theme with battery powered cars...Is that fantasy enough? Also, I hope they include a few items for little boys, even if it is a Knight type theme (YEP a KNIGHT theme!) now why did I think of that??? Surprised
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that Disney has re-released the original concept painting, with some minor tweaks, this blog article explains the differences: http://progresscityusa.com/2009/11/15/another-look-at-fantasyland/

I'm not going to get too excited... I will wait until it is actually built.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney is finally starting to move on this: Disney begins signing up contractors for Fantasyland redo...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to wonder how they built an entire park and set of hotels in less time then it will take to change a portion of 1 park.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible time line details:

2011-2013 - Fantasyland Expansion & Little Mermaid - Confirmed - (12/17/09) According to an article posted in the Winter 2009 DVC magazine, they claim that Ariel’s Undersea Adventure ride will be ready to open on both coasts by 2011. Given that the California site has been under construction for some time and Florida has yet to break ground, I do find this hard to believe, but time will tell. The article also mentions that the first half of the Fantasyland makeover will be ready by 2012 (Fantasy Forest… aka the Princess Meet & Greet area) and that the Pixie Hollow area will be ready by 2013. I’m guessing the new version of Dumbo will also be ready by 2012.

Source: Screamscape; http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Details:

Cinderella's Meet-and-Greet: Guests will pass through a pumpkin patch on their way to Tremaine Manor, Cinderella's home. Once inside, guests will be greeted by Jacques and Gus-Gus (the mice) before Cinderella in her servant form is introduced. Then, Cinderella will be magically transformed from a servant to a princess. After Cindy's transformation, young girls will be able to ballroom dance with her while the boys get to join Cinderella's Royal Guard.

Aurora's Meet-and-Greet: On their way to Aurora's cottage, guests will pass through a thicket and a dark forest that somehow manages to tell the story of Maleficent battling Prince Philip. The meet-and-greet itself will feature the three fairies (Flora, Fauna, Merryweather), allow children to make birthday cards for Aurora, and end with a sixteenth-birthday party for the princess and her guests. The party will feature a surprise of some sort.

Belle's Meet-and-Greet: Guests will start-off in Belle's cottage before being magically transported to Beast's castle through a magic mirror. The castle will feature a new Lumiere animatronic and storytime with Belle in the castle's library. The small show will rely on audience participation, similar to the current Storytime with Belle.

Mickey and Minnie: New meet-and-greet areas for the mice are planned in the former Toontown area. (I'm not sure what this means)

Pixie Hollow: The queue to meet the fairies will continually "shrink" guests as they wind through it- a clever idea, easily accomplished with larger and larger props as the queue draws closer to the characters.

The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh: The current attraction will receive a new facade while the nearby Pooh's Playful Spot will be replaced with a new Winnie-the-Pooh meet-and-greet area.

Side Note: Each new meet-and-greet will enable groups of 30-45 guests in at a time for 12-14 minute experiences (an hourly capacity of between 130 and 225, assuming there's only one of each princess)

Be Our Guest Restaurant: Lots of great new information for this attraction, all from Orlando Attractions Magazine. The restaurant, supposedly located inside Beast's castle, will feature three rooms: The ballroom, the gallery, and the Beast's private lair (the West wing). While the restaurant will function as a table service location at night, it'll be casual service during the day. Lunch guests will place their orders at interactive terminals, be seated, and patiently wait for a cast member to deliver their food.
Dinner time (which will probably be booked-solid) will feature a different menu. Only two of the rooms will be used for dinner (most likely ballroom and West wing) while the third will be reserved for special events.
The ballroom's theming is pretty predictable, based off both the movie and the concept art. The gallery will feature artwork that tells the castle's staff's stories. The West wing, with its creepy decorations, will feature changing portraits, triggered by lighting. This practically guarantees that the windows in this room won't be real, but instead projections of a nighttime sky. The West wing will also feature a rose with dropping petals.

Gaston's Tavern: Despite the name, no alcoholic beverages will be served here.

Ariel's Adventure: With a targeted opening of 2011, this is obviously the area's star attraction. The queue, like Space Mountain's, will feature interactive elements and games to play. The ride itself, as has been said for some time, will utilize clam-shaped omnivore vehicles. Songs in the attraction will include "Part of Your World" (sung by Ariel), "Under the Sea" (Sebastian, as well as possibly a whole orchestra of sea creatures- I can imagine this being a very impressive scene), and "Kiss the Girl" (the attraction's finale, which contradicts what I predicted earlier).

Dumbo: Guests will receive color-coded feathers (much simpler than the numbers or times I had been thinking they'd use) upon entering Dumbo's circus tent. With twice the capacity, guests are expected to wait four-cycles before boarding a Dumbo themselves. However, they can occupy their time with various interactive games.
The Dumbo ride vehicles will be restyled to closer match circus elements from the classic movie. While the original ride will spin counter-clockwise, the newer one will move in a clockwise direction.

Goofy's Barnstormer: The family roller coaster will receive a circus-theme to match Dumbo.

Source: WDWMagic: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=529938

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this article at StitchKingdom.com: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/theme-parks/3d-sculpture-magic-kingdoms-fantasyland/

They have a photo from the new Fantasyland model... This really helps to get a clear sense of how it is going to look/feel... Very cool!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing
alsirrap
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard more than a few people complain that the expansion is all about the girls. Even if that's so, so what, that's fine for them and for the rest of us as it eases up the lines on the other attractions. Of course, a nice sit-down restaurant at last in the park.that's great.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Construction walls are going up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: