Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Who's Planning a Trip to WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Who's Planning a Trip to WDW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pugmalion1"]November 1st, for us. Staying at Boardwalk Villas, drinking around the world in EPCOT, and stumbling back to the hotel almost every day we're there.

Now there is a vacation plan!! Drink Drink
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
November 1st, for us. Staying at Boardwalk Villas, drinking around the world in EPCOT, and stumbling back to the hotel almost every day we're there.

Can't wait!

oohh!! Food and Wine Festival - don't forget to try the frozen orange drink in France!!

Cheers
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we try to go every year on around the first week of November for the Food & Wine Festival. We already made our ADRs, and we made them all late so that we can spend all day in EPCOT drinking and snacking and not have to worry about keeping any tight reservations.

It's gonna be awesome. I plan on taking the scotch flight in the Rose and Crown Pub, something I've been wanting to do for a few years now.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
I plan on taking the scotch flight in the Rose and Crown Pub, something I've been wanting to do for a few years now.

I'd love to do that but I don't know if I could fully appreciate it given my level of sophistication (or lack there of). I did do the beer flight in January and it was very good.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know it comes with Oban, which is a scotch that I like, and two others I've never tried that are probably $60 to $100 a bottle. It's a good way to taste something that I normally wouldn't buy on my own for a reasonable price, as far as scotch pours go.

I don't think you need any level of scotch sophistication to drink or appreciate scotch, just to know that you like how it tastes. I most certainly do, and I'll be having mine with a Guinness back.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:

and I'll be having mine with a Guinness back.

Grumpy, Bruce look!!! He's one of us. Now if he can dance to Off Kilter as well as I (think I) can, he'll fit right in.

I once saw 2 guys at R & C order something that was $56.00 a drink. And they did it as a shot. Talk about no sophistication. The more expensive it is, the more it should be savored.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Rose and Crown serves a $100 pour of 25 year old Macallan. If I ever saw someone order that and shoot it like a frat boy at a keg party, I might have to punch him on general principal.

I would think it's common sense, but you should at least attempt to taste something that took 25 years to make.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrive at WDW Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower on Friday, 01 October 2010. I'll be there a week...anyone going to be around?

Our trip this year is a little different...we're also visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter...so our schedule is a little tighter.

I can hardly wait!!

: )
kray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the crowds will be more manageable at the WWoHP; I was their in August (ugh!). We couldn't get into the shops without a major wait. Hogwarts Castle is amazing!

Enjoy!
Kati24
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot! We are there a bit after your leave. I would love a review of WWoHP when you get back! We have extended our trip to go and have a look as well...
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kati24 wrote:
Shoot! We are there a bit after your leave. I would love a review of WWoHP when you get back! We have extended our trip to go and have a look as well...

We're looking forward to meeting you at Pop. Our ME tags arrived in the mail the other day. I'll be PM'img you with contact info soon. Looking forward to seeing Daguru and MrsGuru as well.
Kati24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
Kati24 wrote:

We're looking forward to meeting you at Pop. Our ME tags arrived in the mail the other day. I'll be PM'img you with contact info soon. Looking forward to seeing Daguru and MrsGuru as well.

Hooray! Can't wait! I wonder when our tags will arrive...they are usually right before we leave...I think it has something to do with the slow dog-sled mail system we have up here in the arctic tundra...
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get home from DL & Vegas on the 29th and check into AKL for two nights Thursday morning. Gotta be close to the action for the opening of F&W!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What dates are we talking about Frank & Kati? I'm getting older, I can't remember things... or maybe I'm just drinking too much lately... Either way, I know how Frank feels all the time Smile
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
What dates are we talking about Frank & Kati? I'm getting older, I can't remember things... or maybe I'm just drinking too much lately... Either way, I know how Frank feels all the time Smile

I'll PM info in the next few days. I need to send it to Kati as well.

Define "drink too much".

And Kati, Bruce and I will be drinking Guinness. If you want us to drink Labatt's, you have to buy. And none of that small, funny colored money. We need green pictures of dead presidents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 30 of 34

Jump to: