Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Your Favorite Past DL Attraction

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Your Favorite Past DL Attraction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite Past DL Attraction Reply with quote

I was going to do a poll but here so many past attractions. I've never been on or ever heard of. I can tell you I have been on the Carousel of Progress, the PeopleMover, Rocket Rods, Rocket Jets, Skyway to Fantaysland/Tomorrowland, Submarine Voyage, Country Bear Jamboree, and Captain EO. Out of all of these I remember I loved the Submarine Voyage. Going in a Submarine was so cool to me at the age of 6 that I wanted to go on it again and again. There's so many other past attractions that sounds good but I'll never be able to go on it ever again. For example, America Sings sounded like it was a good ride. I heard it on UAB and its sounded really good. My mom said she loved it as a girl and as a teenager. Can any of give me some insite on this and other past attractions loved and forgotten.
DisneyKat2003
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda miss the Indian Village...it just seemed natural to have cowboys AND Indians! I also miss the Rainbow Ridge Mine train...it was actually slow enough to see all the things going on in the "desert".
ralberts
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the Rocket Rods in Tomorrowland. I was able to visit DL on one of the good days when it was opened, and thought that it was great. We walked right on in the morning, bu by afternoon the line was over an hour wait. At least I have one ride.
Tach
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a three way toss-up for me.

Submarine Voyage- One of my most vivid Disneyland memories is the last time I stood in line for that ride with my firends.

America Sings- I'd hit that attraction by myself- usually 'cause no one else wanted to go.

"Dangerous" Tom Sawyer Island- Remember Teeter-totter Rock & Carousel Rock? My mom used to take her shoes off and cool her feet in the river while we ran ourselves out. *sigh*
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss peoplemover. Sad

*funky jazz dance*
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first visit to Disneyland was back in the early 90's, and I'm not too sure what I remember from back then. I spent 1 day there and it was a blur (although we did walk through the parking lot where DCA is now, which is kinda cool).

Anyway, I have a recolection of The Submarine Ride, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing it with 20,000 Leagues from MK, but that would be the one I would miss most. And the Peoplemover.

Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peoplemover. I honestly don't remember much of it, other than fuzzy memories of the Tron tunnel. But going by TTA at MK and how much more scenic the track is at DL, I would love to have it back.
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would be a toss up between the Peoplemover and the Submarine attractions!

However a really close runner up would have to be Adventures Through Inner Space.

The other day I tried to explaing to my kids how when I was little, you really thought that you shrunk! And that the little minature people you saw going through the microscope, were actually moving and waving,etc...

That was a great ride too!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyDave wrote:
However a really close runner up would have to be Adventures Through Inner Space.

There are two attractions that I would have loved to have been able to experience: Adventures Thru Inner Space and Monsanto House of the Future. At least we got CoP!

DisneyKat2003
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
DisneyDave wrote:

There are two attractions that I would have loved to have been able to experience: Adventures Thru Inner Space and Monsanto House of the Future. At least we got CoP!

The House of the Future was soooo cool....2 things that I remember impressing me when I was much younger were....in the kitchen they had an oven that cooked food in an instant (microwave oven) and then in the livingroom there was a tv set that was hung on the wall like a picture (sound familiar nowadays?) Disney had these things in a house long before anyone thought them possible.
DisneyDave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyKat2003 wrote:
daveypoo wrote:
DisneyDave wrote:

The House of the Future was soooo cool....2 things that I remember impressing me when I was much younger were....in the kitchen they had an oven that cooked food in an instant (microwave oven) and then in the livingroom there was a tv set that was hung on the wall like a picture (sound familiar nowadays?) Disney had these things in a house long before anyone thought them possible.

Well technically Monsanto had them not Disney Wink

But as theEpiphany showed me on a recent trip to DL you can still see the foundation for the House of the future in King Tritons fountain area. He said it's the only garden with full plumbing! LOL
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been going to Disneyland long enough (my first trip was in 2001) to really appreciate everything that it had. But I do miss the Jolly Trolly.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my first trip the things I loved and wish I could do again are three: Skyway to Tomorrowland, Submarine Voyage and The Peoplemover

What great memories!!!

: )
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote from onecutemoose: What great memories!!! ]
Amen!!!!!! Disneyland has always had wonderful memories that will be remembered forever!!!![/quote]
CoryTheRaven
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient attractions I very much would have liked to have gone on are the Mine Train, Rocket to the Moon and the Stagecoach. Oh yeah, and Ft. Wilderness *muttermumblegrumblegripe*

As an international nod, I wouldn't have minded being able to go on Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon.

Inquire at: The Iron Mouse - Steampunk in the World of Walt Disney
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: