Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Star Tours 2 - Finally !?!?!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Star Tours 2 - Finally !?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecutemoose wrote:
I'm so curious to see how this comes out. I want an upgrade very much...yet hold the current near and dear...

I totally agree, and I think the solution is to keep the old film as one of the alternate destinations. They'd probably have to upgrade it to 3D somehow, but I think it would be worth it. The current Star Tours film is classic.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for the new, but seriously, why can't they keep both? I mean, they have bunches of these shuttles, why not keep one as the "classic" and upgrade the others? At D23, they spoke of how a great many Disney fans are in love with the "classic" rides and attractions, yet they do very little to preserve that. I think they have an opportunity here.

Oh, and while they're at it, bring back The Bears since there is still one theater left!

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, here is a Youtube video of the Star Wars 2 announcement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliPqCf4Z0w
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually chance for them to please both camps. They can keep the old ride AND provide a new experience by using multiple start cruisers...So the odds are pterry good that they wont
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
From what I just read over on the Orlando Sentinel, the upgrade is just going to be a new 3-D Movie and multiple destinations. Doesn't sound like the other stuff rumored will happen. I'm sure that with 3-D movie, it will include HD projectors, so at least we get a much better looking video!

They made the announcement of "An experience unlike any other experienced before at any theme park" Nobody during the D23 Expo has confirmed or denied any additional featured. In fact they weren't brought up. It wasn't exactly the place to do it anyway. It was an announcement / teaser not a blow by blow.
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
Oh, and while they're at it, bring back The Bears since there is still one theater left!

Ah...the bears....WDW...less than three weeks.

Funny thing about these announcements...they just make me want to visit the parks as much as possible to experience what is there as much as possible. The one thing we know for certain is the parks will always change...it is the nature of them that Walt created.

'Keep moving forward'

: )
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDW Refurb Update: Star Tours Closure Earlier Than Anticipated, Toy Story Mania

We have received a tip on upcoming closures for Star Tours and Toy Story Mania at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. These are not from official Disney sources but we believe they are credible enough to pass along to you. Should we find out alternate information in the future, we will update and post in the Refurbs category not to mention on ReSearch! Disclaimer aside, on with the mega-news.

Our source informs us that Star Tours will close on September 8. This is earlier than announced by former Disney Parks and Resort Chairman Jay Rasulo at last year’s D23 Expo, but not unexpected. It’s also scheduled to take place after Celebration V, which takes place in Orlando this year, ends in mid-August.

The anticipated upgrade for Star Tours (aka Star Tours 2.0) features a 3D film (for which D23 Expo-goers were treated to a sneak peek) and reported ‘multiple destinations’ for the Star Tours Travel Agency. Initial rumors had it closing post-Star Wars Weekends in 2010 and pre-Star Wars Weekends in 2011. Our source gives us a scheduled re-opening date of May 20, 2011, so that’s cutting it pretty close!

Our source also informs us of an earlier and much shorter refurb, also at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, for Toy Story Mania which is scheduled to close on August 15 and re-open on September 5.

Source: StitchKingdom.com; http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/theme-parks/wdw-refurb-update-star-tours-closure-earlier-anticipated-toy-story-mania

Since there are still on specifics on what exactly will change... especially since most rumors have a scaled down version at WDW. I understand the timing, almost immediately after Celebration V concludes. I fully expect more specific details to be released during Celebration V... they better, especially since I am planning on going all four days!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Star Tours but it could use an upgrade. Smile

Maybe they will teach Rex how to drive this time around. Very Happy
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely looking foward to Star Tours 2.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamscape now confirms the date range listed above...
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official closure dates (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/star-tours-prepares-for-reimagining-at-disneyland-walt-disney-world-resorts/)
DHS: Sept 8 & DLR: July 27

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:

I'm going to have to get my picture taken with R2-MK next weekend.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
Official closure dates (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/star-tours-prepares-for-reimagining-at-disneyland-walt-disney-world-resorts/)
DHS: Sept 8 & DLR: July 27

That's a great picture, I would even wait in line to get my picture taken with them. Very Happy
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dizfanatic.com has some updated information regarding Star Tours 2.0:

Update 6/14/2010:
Disney announced a few exciting elements of the new Star Tours were announced today:
The enhanced attraction — featuring multiple destinations — takes place in between the two Star Wars trilogies, which will enable Imagineers to utilize characters from both sets of films.
While the planet of Tatooine was unveiled as a destination at last year's D23 Expo, Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Show Producer Kathy Rogers announced that the bustling urban environment of Coruscant will be another.
There will be several points during each journey where the audience will be able to change where the story is going. "There's an incredible number of different variations," explains Al Weiss, president, Worldwide Operations, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "You will rarely, if ever, see the same show twice. And it's all in 3D.

Source: dizfantatic.com; http://dizfanatic.com/StarTours2.aspx

So far, this sounds like what everyone has been waiting for... along with the other rumors (new effects, Boba Fett being added, inside the cabin interaction, etc...). Makes me wonder what (if any) will get chopped because of money?
Therewasatime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a huge SW fan I really was not looking forward to this refurb, but the way they are approaching it sounds like a fair compromise. I personally can't stand the new trilogy, so it's comforting to know that some elements of the classic trilogy will still be represented. Multiple destinations also sounds awesome, as a young Padawan I remember asking the cast members on the ride which line to get in for the Hoth transit, (as they advertise on the overhead monitors in the queue.) They would usually tell me there are no outgoing flights today, then of course I'd ask if I could make reservations, which of course they'd have to pull another on the spot Cast member reason out. But I still was convinced we could get to Hoth somehow, maybe now it'll be a choice Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: