Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Adventurer's Club Closing?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Adventurer's Club Closing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Hill is still going at PI with his posts... His latest states that Disney Mgmt is setting PI up to fail, so they can start closing things; http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/03/31/lights-out-for-pleasure-island.aspx

What do you guys think, do you think Disney would purposely tank something so it can fail? What do you think about them tanking PI so they have a "good reason" to change the area?

IMHO, I don't care what they do with the rest of the area, as long as they DON'T TOUCH THE ADVCLUB!

*uhem* I'm off my soap box now
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are looking to take a loss somewhere, then yes, they could set PI up to fail...but in all honesty, since they are not failing, they'd be better off just closing the place if that's the desire. it makes no real financial sense to purposely loose money and underutilized property.

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamscape has some additional information and details regarding Night Kingdom. Of course, these are still considered to be rumors.... what do you think?

Quote:
Disney’s Night Kingdom - In Development - (4/25/0Cool Today I have to officially change my stance on the whole Disney’s Night Kingdom park concept. New information has come to my attention proving that the concept is indeed in the works for Walt Disney World and shooting to open possibly in 2012. From what I’ve been told the history of the project comes from a desire by Disney to create their own version of a high-end Discovery Cove style mini-park experience mixed with an original proposal for a major overhaul and expansion to the existing Adventure’s Club at Pleasure Island.
From the sound of things basic funding has been approved to proceed on with the design of this small but expensive project, but it’s not without some serious design challenges and still isn’t exactly the experience that Jim Hill had previously described. The big attraction and icon of the park, right now, appears to be a large central Disney-made mountain structure where guests will be forced to ‘rock climb’ to the top, take zip lines down again and explore a serious network of caves. The goal is for this to be a very interactive game based adventure experience, with both mental and physical challenges. The tricky part of the design process they’re said to be in now involves balancing it all out so that it doesn’t become so physically difficult that guests will become too pooped or intimidated to play while at the same time, they have to be sure they aren’t catering to the bottom end and make it all far too easy and boring for everyone else.
As for the game aspect, it seems that the test run of that Kim Possible Communicator game at Epcot a year or so ago was just a large scale concept test for the Night Kingdom game concept. The idea is to equip every guest with their own communicator unit that will guide them from place to place, push them in the right direction when they get stuck, and be used to help solve the various games, puzzles and adventure challenges. Your communicator will also serve as a way for the park to identify you individually as a player and customize your interactions with the various game stations and animatronics. Fuzzy robots wont be the only things you interact with however, as there seems to be a plan in place to develop a number of encounters with live animals as well.

Source: Screamscape; http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm#NightKingdom

Still doesn't sound all that interesting to me and still not happy that the AdvClub will be destroyed for this new high priced plan...
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd better get to the AdvClub for my first (last?) visit!!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsguru and I will be attending ConGaloosh 2009 this weekend... Friday night looks to be the last time we are going to see the AdvClub... It is going to be a very bitter sweet time... Sucks that we won't be able to record any video. Wish I had a voice recorder, I would live to try to get some songs for broadcast...

Anyone have any picture requests from the club?
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru, that is so cool! We expect a full report when you return! Now I need to save up $10,000 so I can rent the AC for my birthday party.... Surprised
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you listen to the Mystic Manor youtube clip you hear that they planned the back story around the adventurers story line so the backstory lives on but not the club...It aint FAIR!!!!!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTKnight3 wrote:
If you listen to the Mystic Manor youtube clip you hear that they planned the back story around the adventurers story line so the backstory lives on but not the club...It aint FAIR!!!!!

Actually, the Club does live on...most (if not all) of the contents of the Club are being sent to Hong Kong to be placed in Mystic Manor. There are a few parties and things, and then it's over for good.

I wish I could be there this weekend. I really do!

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be out there on the 2nd dang...I have a lot of original 30s suits and outdoor items that I never got to wear.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that I can get a Kungaloosh on the rocks.... sooooo much better on the rocks then frozen!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was simply amazing! And it was announced (by CMs, managers, and the cast) that last night was the LAST night.... EVER! According to everyone there, they are going to start working on removing stuff and demo some time next week...

I will give more details and a ton of photos tomorrow.... we are currently getting ready to meet some of the other Adventurer's later today and then a banquet and AdvClub panel discussion tonight....

Hey SGT, can you email me that photo?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get any mementos from the Club, I'd love to have something..ya know, without going to jail over it...

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were throwing out letters and Wong checks, but we were only able to get one letter (which I am keeping because I didn't already have it yet)...

SGT is the one you should be talking too... I bought my other letters and check from him (actually from him through ebay, like 8 months ago)... Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, after several technical issues, I was able to finally upload my photos from the night, click the thumbnails for each gallery:

Photos from the Radiothon Show:

Photos from the Hoopla Show:

Photos from around the AdvClub:

Photos from the Convention Banquet, Guest Presentations, History Lesson, and AdvClub CM Panel:

Remember, each thumbnail links to galleries for each section... Enjoy!
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics! I love seeing all the costumes the guests were wearing at the banquet. Hoopla!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: