Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Iger - How would you make his report card?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Iger - How would you make his report card?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Iger - How would you make his report card? Reply with quote

So many people had strong opinions about Eisner, but I see almost nothing about Bob Iger. If you were creating his "report card" what grades or comments would you give him?

On improving the Parks?
On "getting" the meaning of Disney?
On direction in general?
On direction of new movie ideas?
On cutting out the waste in management?

In general?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, need more time to make an assessment. I like what I see him letting Lasseter do. As to the parks, last visit they seemed a bit in better shape, but there are still spots where the magic is fraying. And I am not at all thrilled with the outsourcing that is going on there.

So. For now I'll reserve judgment. Think I'd want to hear what the employees think.
Incredibles
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you don't hear much concerning Iger means that he IS doing a good job. The only time humans as a whole generally offer opinions about people, experiences, whatever, beyond their close network of piers is when they are upset about something. Not when things are going fine. If you have been wronged, you want justice. So you do something about it. If things wen the way you hoped, or better, then we always just keep living our lives. People are lazy nowadays. Offereing praise seems to be a thing of the past.
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, It has been a while. Igor HAS made his policies clear by now. Adventurers Club aside, anyhowe want to try his report card now?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Iger - How would you make his report card? Reply with quote

On improving the Parks? C (Taking things away from the parks is not an improvement.)

On "getting" the meaning of Disney? C (Less magic shows he doesn't get it.)

On direction in general? C (General direction is to give less and charge more for it...BAD direction)

On direction of new movie ideas? C+ (From what I've seen, the new movies look stupid and like a waste)

On cutting out the waste in management? D (The waste in management must still exist, since bad decisions are still being made.)

jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, not great, but not bad. I think he has some passions about the company that make him a strong leader.

What about Ed Grier?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Where I work I get paid for the results I produce. He appears to get paid for the results he doesn't produce.

Prices are up, the quality is at best stagnant, movie are not that creative. I think Lasseter has done more to improve things then Iger. Of course much of that could be the ongoing battle to fix WDI.

Maybe once WDI is working again things will improve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: