Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Animal Kingdom: Most BEAUTIFUL Disney park in the country!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Animal Kingdom: Most BEAUTIFUL Disney park in the country!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Animal Kingdom: Most BEAUTIFUL Disney park in the country! Reply with quote

After visiting Disney World, it really hit me this time of how amazing Animal Kingdom really is. It's unbelievable beautiful. The Oasis is lush and very believeable. I really felt like I was in South America or in Hawaii.
Overall the entire park is the prettiest out of all the parks.
Do you agree?
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip to DAK I was disapointed. I guess i didnt know what to expect. I thought that everythign was just too spread out, and you seemed to have to walk a mile between everything. But as I thought back I think it was like 100 degrees out and maybe the surrounding in places like Africa just seemed to make it all worse. Smile

I tend to like stuff a bit more fantasy oriented, but Animal Kingdom has grown on me, and I can spen a day there now and really enjoy everything I see.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Epcot is hard to beat - I love the scale, positioning, and just about everything about the way Epcot looks.

For me, AK loses points on the cheesy theming near the tree of life with the florescent-colored shops and such. Once you get away from the hub, it's much better. I absolutely love Asia, though. The little touches such as bicycles and faux power lines are really nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although DAK certainly captured the look and feel of all the locations they were featuring, and did it extremely well....I have to agree with Kurt. I love the look and feel of EPCOT. I'm a "fantasy" freak, too. I still kind of feel like I'm entering a glorified zoo (which is what it is, of course)...and I'm not blown away by it....don't get me wrong...it's terrific...but I don't think I would call it the most beautiful of the Disney parks...but we can certainly agree to dis-agree.... Wink
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAK is definitly one of those type parks that grows on you. It truly is beautiful though. The lush landscaping is what sets is apart. The more you go, the more you realize you could stay longer and longer.

Personally, my favorite place is Sunset Boulevard. The architecture there is over the top awesome. The sights and smells and palm trees are awesome. The back of the park isn'y that great, but the front is my favorite.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
I think Epcot is hard to beat - I love the scale, positioning, and just about everything about the way Epcot looks.

For me, AK loses points on the cheesy theming near the tree of life with the florescent-colored shops and such. Once you get away from the hub, it's much better. I absolutely love Asia, though. The little touches such as bicycles and faux power lines are really nice.

While it's been a bit "touristy" in it's creation....The colors can be found in african artwork / fashion etc.
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prettiest I can agree with- overall best though it is certainly not. The park is well crafted and well themed (though I agree they dropped the ball a bit on Dinoland USA), but still needs more to do and some nighttime events (which it will get with the RIver of Light nighttime parade).
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing which puzzles me about AK is it seems to have the most foliage, but also seems to be the hottest of the parts to spend an afternoon in...
collsoccer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the heat has something to do with all the humidity. They must have something trying to create a jungle atmosphere, but the stickiness just makes it hotter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: