Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Pirates of the Caribbean attraction reviews???

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Pirates of the Caribbean attraction reviews???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Pirates of the Caribbean attraction reviews??? Reply with quote

Ok I am sure that by now some of you have had a chance to ride the ride with all the new upgrades. What did you like/dislike etc...

Share you thoughts with the rest of the UABers Cool
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be out in DL the second week in August. Smile
After that I will give you my opinion. Very Happy
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and I'll be at WDW in about 6 days....I'll let you know how that one is, too.... Arrrr I'm a Pirate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaParkMan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've already seen the Pirates changes at WDW...and I'm pleased with them.

They did a good job in plussing the attraction and keeping it fresh without changing it completely.

They even retained some of the original voice recordings by Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, etc., as well as most of Buddy Baker's original attraction score.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy What about the Red head???
We wants the Redhead !!!! Wink
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what all did they change? The score? Many of the voices? I'm worried...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SnowWhite
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they just add Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbosa? As far as I knew, they only added those two characters to the ride, and I guess their voices to go along with it. Or did they make any other changes? =S
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD **

Well, I can only give a review of MK's Pirates....

1) During the cave ride through, there is a fog screen that has a projection of Davey Jones, this happens during the right turn, just after entering the cave... I couldn't make out what he was saying... They cleaned up everything, looked good...

2) Once you go down the drop and into the battle scene, Barbosa is now captain of the Wickey Wench and saying several lines... I believe he was asking about the where about of Capt Jack... the firing cannons and water spouts are alot better... there is more fog, it's darker, and some general clean up all around this scene...

3) In the mayor dunking scene, they havve changed the dialoge, so that everything is talking about Capt Jack and his treasure... they did a general clean up and new costumes for the AAs... Capt Jack can be seen to the left of this scene, hiding amongst some dresses...

4) They pretty much have left the Bride Auction scene alone, except that Capt Jack can be seen in the back left, hiding... more clean up and new costumes for everyone...

5) As you move through the rest of the scenes, there replaced the old fire effects with a new one and have added more... more clean up and new costumes... Capt Jack has replaced the little girl hidding in the barrell from the guy with the map... the three singing Pirates sounded a lot better, like they digitally enhanced the tracks and were being played digitally...

6) The jail scene with the dog is still there, not much changed, just enhanced effects, clean up, and new costumes...

7) They have removed all of the pirates and the captured guards from the treasure room scene (last scene). Capt Jack is now setup in the middle of the room, leaning back and forth... the colorful parrot from the movie is sitting on his shoulder... I think he is singing A Pirates Life, but I couldn't tell, it wasn't loud enough....

Cool They have completely reorganized the entrance que and the exit/gift shop. They have cleaned up and added a few paintings to the entrance que, to relate more to the movie. The barker parrot is gone and was replaced with a ship's mast and black sail with the Pirates name and logo... the que music now includes various version of Pirates Life and songs from the movie's soundtrack

9) The exit que and gift shop have been reorganized... it is no longer as crowded as it was before... they moved most of the registers to the far end of the area (from the exit), where the gift shop opens to the walkway... they added the build your own pirate hat, treasure chest, and skull setups that they have over at Downtown Disney's World of Disney....

Overall, I think they did a really good job.... all of the "classic" scenes are still there (only change was the dialogue in the Mayor dunk scene)... they didn't change the soundtrack of the ride much, just included the movie's soundtrack in the que... the clean up and updated effects are wonderfull, all though I think the pirates look a little "too clean" for pirates...

If I had to rate the overall ride now, I would give it an A-...
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering - 5 years from now when the movie is long gone, will it revert back? I'm thinking it will, and they'll have a park celebration - the old Pirates ride is back.

Looking forward to seeing it in September.

Thanks daguru! Very detailed report.
SnowWhite
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be kind of funny if that happended Laughing I don't know if it will though, because if 'Pirates of the Carribean' still remain popular, they probably won't change the ride. Also wouldn't that kind of be a set back if they changed the ride back to how it used to be? Wouldn't people complain? Right now isn't the ride supposedly better?
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from WDW and I agree with everything Daguru said. I thought the effects with Davy Jones at the beginning were great. They incorporated Capt Jack very well, and the resemblance is amazing. All the new additions were terrific. My daughter just wished they stuck Orlando Blooms character in there somewhere.... Very Happy
deadeyedllv
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh.. I want to ride the updated Pirates so badly. Unfortunately, I don't know the next time I'll be in dl.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were in DL last week and got a chance to ride Pirates with the
new changes.
I think they did a good job of puting some things from the movie in
but not taking too much away from the original ride. Smile
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the changes aren't as dramatic as rumors said they were but I still think they should still have the captain of the Sea Wentch on his ship still Crying or Very sad
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...SPOILERS AHEAD.....
I didn't like the additions (well, some I did).

Some nice enhancements in the crews quarters area.

Although the Davey Jones effect is awesome, it took away the voices from the cave.

Putting Capt. Barbosa on the Wicked Wench is pretty cool and the dialog seems to still hold true enough for the original.

The Jack annimatronic's are awesome! So well done.

The final scene is just wrong...out of place and it just doesn't work. Because of the show layout, it doesn't seem to fit too well, unlike WDW where it works perfectly.

Count me as dissapointed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: