Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Please tune in for a Special Announcement 2/25/09

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Please tune in for a Special Announcement 2/25/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
Alright...here's the deal. Angus is actually quite shy, and was very depressed about UAB shutting down. He didnt want anyone to see him crying in his Guiness at the Rose and crowne, so we decided to pretend he was a ficticious character, so no one would come looking for him.

He's very happy about the news....and the fact that he can now resume his UAB duties...as for MacDoogal....I don't know...he's always been very elusive... Wink

I can tell you that Angus is real! I saw him getting tossed from Ragland Road the other night.... I think he was getting a little close to the dancing girls!
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait wait... did I miss something? I didn't catch the announcement because I'm drowning in work. From what I gather, UAB is NOT closing it's doors? Before I freak out and get all hardcorehappy, I figured I'd ask before making a fool of myself, lol.
If so, then I need to draw a UAB Angus image as soon as I get the time to!
SavetheKing87
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with dyemooch, Haven't heard the announcement yet. Seeing other people's response's though looks to be a positive outcome?

When's the next time it'll be replayed?

Want to make sure I'm not going to loose my briar patch.
CaptainSad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Now I feel like a heel. I missed this and I posted about how I can get this sites music for the future. I also just put up a dedication to all here and I will look like an idiot. Oh well, I could just say oops.

I am doing cart wheels. Ouch my back Laughing

I guess I'm back.

You aren't going to take away all my miles are you???? Wink

Rich
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're listening now, it'll be on right after the jungle noise from Indy.

We'll be posting the entire transcript of the announcement as soon as possible.

But in short, UAB is here to stay!

Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously have tears in my eyes. I'm so glad UAB is not going dark. Knowing that someday my own children would only know the magic of UAB through stories and a few mp3s really hit home. But after hearing theEpiphany's heart felt word's I'm over joyed to know it's not going to become another extinct attraction after all. My brother, Savetheking87, and I hear by pledge our undying support to keeping this beautiful community alive for "Tommorow's child"

Not Worthy Not Worthy
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I finally heard the announcement I too found myself with tears in my eyes. Wifey looked at me and asked "What's wrong?" I I told her the GREAT news and she said so why are you crying are you going to care this much when are baby gets here? I told her well no probably not as I have not invested as much time or interest and have been given great joy by the baby that is not here yet. Unlike the great joy when I was down and UAB was there to pull me up to make me feel better allowing me to escape. .... Of course this is just a fabrication she actually said, "I am happy for you but why is that song, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, playing? I hate that song! I am going to sign up just to tell them." So, my tears turned to laughter as I turned up the volume.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first piece of good news in what has been for me a not very good week. Thanks UAB Admins.
WOKcreative
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where is the full transcript? I have to admit, I've been away since the first announcement, a couple of months ago.

As far as all of us helping out more, why not make the monthly goal higher? Would that help?

Anyway, thanks from me, too. There are a few sites with music, but the community here is unbeatable, and the way the site is set up is by far the best.

(also, whatever happened to the link to the store? Would that help financially, too?)
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOKcreative wrote:
So, where is the full transcript? I have to admit, I've been away since the first announcement, a couple of months ago.

As far as all of us helping out more, why not make the monthly goal higher? Would that help?

Anyway, thanks from me, too. There are a few sites with music, but the community here is unbeatable, and the way the site is set up is by far the best.

(also, whatever happened to the link to the store? Would that help financially, too?)

A transcript of the announcement will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

We are planning to raise the goal but we haven't had the time yet to change the Paypal Module.

We're all grateful about how the members feel about the site and it's content. We've worked hard to make the site what it is, but remember that it's you, the members that made it a home.

We had removed the Cafe Press site quite some time ago, partially due to the lack of time to update products, but also because no one was shopping there. If everyone could give us ideas of what they'd like to see for merch, we'd be happy to consider it.

WOKcreative
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I've noticed that usually toward the end of the month, just enough comes in. It seems like everyone's willing to pony up a little more. Great to see all the support in keeping this community together.

I always liked the T-shirt designs. I know there isn't much profit in stickers, but they're always fun and look good on the cover of a laptop. Anyone else?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
Alright...here's the deal. Angus is actually quite shy, and was very depressed about UAB shutting down. He didnt want anyone to see him crying in his Guiness at the Rose and crowne, so we decided to pretend he was a ficticious character, so no one would come looking for him.

He's very happy about the news....and the fact that he can now resume his UAB duties...as for MacDoogal....I don't know...he's always been very elusive... Wink

This is Great... Angus and MacDoogal are wonderful pair....
ksdisneyfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I don't get here much anymore, but I was very excited to hear you weren't closing the doors Woohoo! I do more listening than posting when I do get here and it's going to be great to still come here and get my Disney fix!! Bouncing Figment

Besides, there would be no living with GrumpyDaddy. Without his UAB fix every day he'd be even Grumpier than usual Rolling Eyes

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ksdisneyfan wrote:
Besides, there would be no living with GrumpyDaddy. Without his UAB fix every day he'd be even Grumpier than usual Rolling Eyes

We don't want that to happen. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ksdisneyfan wrote:
Without his UAB fix every day he'd be even Grumpier than usual Rolling Eyes

Is that even possible?!?!? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: