Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disneyland Paris, Staying with a French Touch

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disneyland Paris, Staying with a French Touch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Disneyland Paris, Staying with a French Touch Reply with quote

From XTV World:

Disneyland Paris, Staying with a French Touch

Disneyland Paris recovered from a slump in 2003 and attracts more people than ever. Living in Paris will add a "Frenchier" touch to the American-styled park which offers attractions to both children and their parents.

Paris, France, March 31, 2006 (XTVWorld.Com) -- When the Walt Disney Company launched its idea of creating a resort in 1987 in France, Europe, expectations were high and critics denounced it to be a useless try. However, figures show that Disneyland Paris attracts more people than ever since its opening in April, 1992 and that the resort recovered completely from a short slump in 2003.

Restructuring plans have been implemented and new attractions have been installed in order to provide the magical character of Micky Mouse and his friends. Today, the whole resort consists of 14 hotels, more than 12,000 employees, 600,000m² for all the attractions and parks, and it counts yearly more than 12,5 million tourists. Additionally, special campaigns such as the current one called "Believe in Your Dreams" are organized steadily in order to allure visitors from all over the world.

The park itself offers a huge variety of attractions and there was even built a new area called the Walt Disney Studios Park in 2002. This novelty appeals to both adults and "older" children (~10 years) and it features various objects such as the Space Mountain Mission2, which simulates a travel through the universe. Furthermore, there are different reconstructed movie sets (like e.g. the Armageddon set), stuntshows, parades with all the Disney-Stars, discotheques and manifold restaurants.

The original park with its characteristic Sleeping Beauty Castle in the center combines attractions for the young and the young at heart. On the one hand it amazes children with human-like puppets such as Micky Mouse, Donald Duck or Goofy, several carousels and parades during the day. Moreover, kids can even choose whether they want to have breakfast, lunch or dinner with one of their favorite characters. On the other hand it offers concerts, Wild West Shows and different decorated restaurants for adults at night.

For leisure amusements, there is also a golf course nearby where visitors can improve their skills while their kids enjoy themselves in one of the five parks named Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland, Discoveryland or USA Main Street. All this is supposed to ensure the joy of the tourists and to spread the image of Walt Disney''s main idea: The fact that dreams can become true if you strongly believe in them. The development of his company shows clearly the truth of this statement as nearly a century has passed since his first animated pictures in the 1920s and the different modern parks in the U.S. and in Europe.

Visitors can choose between various options how to go to Disneyland Paris. Among these options they can use the plane, busses, their own car or the popular French high-speed train TGV which has a stopover directly at the resort. However, due to the close capital Paris, it is also recommendable to stay outside of the park. Thus, visitors can enjoy the fascinating Parisian atmosphere after having spent an exciting day in the park or even spending a day off.

Apartments vary from luxury ones to basic ones and will give the sojourn a slight French touch as one can live nearby famous districts such as the Champs Elysées. Providers like for instance www.all-paris-apartments.com will ease the search and visitors can concentrate on the main aim: enjoying some time within the family and getting touched by Disney's imaginative flair.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear things are going well for the resort...it has always seemed like the black sheep of the Parks.

Maybe someday I'll get over there to check it out!

: )
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you! You hear things out of every other park in the world but really nothing out of DIsneyland Paris. They supposedly have one of the best Space Mountain attractions out there. They also have an Awesome Indiana Jones roller coaster with loops and goes backwards.
markb
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been to DLP a few times. The park is stunning and, as you say, has a fantastic Space Mountain. The Disney Studios park is good too, if a little small at the moment. The RnR Coaster is brilliant too and my partner can't wait for the Tower of Terror to open Laughing We stayed in the Santa Fe hotel which was cheap and only a few minutes walk from the parks. The only down side is that the park is full of French people who seem to have no idea about queueing or even basic manners Evil or Very Mad We even saw a fight between a family trying to watch the parade and a woman trying to video it who barged in front of them and pushed their children out of the way Rolling Eyes Mad Luckily one of the CM's broke it up. We try and go off-season now to avoid the school holidays and the worst of the crowds Very Happy
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markb wrote:
The only down side is that the park is full of French people who seem to have no idea about queueing or even basic manners Evil or Very Mad We even saw a fight between a family trying to watch the parade and a woman trying to video it who barged in front of them and pushed their children out of the way Rolling Eyes Mad Luckily one of the CM's broke it up.

WOW! I guess the culture does effect things a bit. I still think it would be FABULOUS to experience DLP!!

: )
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't necessarily say that it is all the French people's fault... I have seen plently of other european and American people do the exact same things here at WDW...

You find a spot for the parade an hour and half before the parade (so you can see), only to be squeezed out and trampled by people who show up 5 mins after the parade starts... I have seen all of those type of issues here...

I think it is probably more of "we are on vacation and I don't care what people say/do"...
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwhahah, rude europeans. *hugs them all* almost all of my ancestors were rude europeans! with the exception of the english scullery maid branch...i'd like to think that they, at least, weren't rude, given the fact that they are genetically responsible for my mutton-knees. poor girls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: