Alt Text 5
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Walt Disney World Prices going up again...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Walt Disney World Prices going up again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Walt Disney World Prices going up again... Reply with quote

Break open your piggy bank again, Disney is raising the park entrance prices by $4.00...

Magic Kingdom is now a whopping $99.00 for an adult...
Epcot, Studios, and Animal Kingdom are now $95.00 for an adult...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/24/travel/disney-magic-kingdom-price-increase/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Can probably almost guarantee that it will be over $100 by the end of the year... Lately they have been raising the price twice a year...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow has this company changed a lot from where it started. Now it is just yank as much money as possible from the customers. Seems like they are trying to price the family customer out of the family amusement part.
junebug1233
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find it frustrating that they keep raising prices, although I don't think the overall price is really that bad. Ask me again in a few years when it is like $150 though...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Disney put in metal detectors, I'd be unsure if it was for our safety or to make sure we aren't leaving while still having some change left in our pockets.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
If Disney put in metal detectors, I'd be unsure if it was for our safety or to make sure we aren't leaving while still having some change left in our pockets.

STOP giving them ideas.... Laughing
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will be hesitant to cross into triple digits. It kills me how much ticket prices have gone up. Although, doing the math, if I pay $15 for a 90-minute movie, $99 for a full day that includes live entertainment seems like a fair price.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us don't pay $15 for the movies. I only go to the matinee, as do many of my co-workers, We can't afford the prices. Additionally, I don't see why I should pay more so they can give it to some hollywood snob that is already overpaid, so he can sit in his mansion and tell me all the things I am doing wrong.

If Disney keeps raising prices they will be in same boat. I already know people that stopped going or cut back how often they go just because it is getting too expensive.
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Gee it has been a long time for me. Gotta quit my job so I can spend some time here...anyhoo... a coworker just got back after a week with his family that he has been waiting for and talking about all year.

But all he could return with is, "Man but it is expensive". Not anything about having fun or a great time. It looks like perhaps the price is having a major effect on how people enjoy the parks now.

I still enjoy going myself, but I am not bringing a whole famly when I go, just some nieces when their dad lets them skip school for a few days. I can see how the price could be a huge concern.
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price is a pain point, to be sure. We're just a family of three and we stay at the moderate resort, and I recognize that we could do a trip to Hawaii for the amount we're spending for a week at Disney World. Mind you, I think we're lucky because we're close enough to drive (so we save on airfare to boot).

I try not to look at it in terms of money, but rather the experience. I can remember this kind of adventure when I was my daughter's age (and we did Hawaii back then too).

Just keep telling yourself "It's all about that magic!" Over and over and over ...

Heck, isn't that why we're all on this site? Aren't we just trying to mentally recreate ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: