Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - One Day at Walt Disney World

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

One Day at Walt Disney World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collsoccer
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: One Day at Walt Disney World Reply with quote

I'm looking for reccomendations, advice, etc. I'm heading to Florida for a few days (next week) and I have one day to visit Disney World. I'm definitely getting a park hopper ticket, so I'll be visiting multiple parks.

I haven't been since 2007, so what things would you all suggest I see, what's changed for the better (or worse) since then? Thanks for the input.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a one day trip, I'd recommend staying away from Animal Kingdom. Since there's no park to park transportation to Animal Kingdom, save buses from MGM and Epcot, and since it's so far away, anyway, you'd just be wasting time getting there and back.

If you want to try to see as much as possible, and you aren't really interested in going all guerrilla touring monster in order to experience as many attractions as possible, you could very feasibly start at the Magic Kingdom in the morning, ride the monorail to Epcot in the midday, and end your evening in MGM after a short boat ride from the International Gateway in World Showcase. I don't even think such a day would be too stressful.

Sure, you're going to miss a bunch that you might otherwise get to see if you spend all day in a single park, but you will definitely see enough of everything to be satisfied, I think.

I guess my two major tips for a trip like I outlined above would be this:

1. Don't waste time waiting on long lines for anything. Stick with lines that have a wait of 20 minutes or less and that are generally fast moving. You can probably ride Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World and the People Mover in the Magic Kingdom in the time it takes for you to wait in line to ride Space Mountain once. If you really must ride Space Mountain, though, you should definitely use the FastPass system, and come back when you can just walk on.

2. If in your plans you would like at least one sit-down table service restaurant epxerience, go online here and make a reservation. There's no point in wasting your valuable time walking up to a restaurant only to be turned away or to wait for an hour for a reservation that eats away at your day. It's not a particularly high season right now, so you should still see plenty of availability around all of the parks.

That's my best advice for you. Personally, if I only had one day, I would probably just spend the entirety of it in Epcot, but that's me. Have fun, and I hope you see as much of what you want to see as possible.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I'd start at the Magic Kingdom. I'd do the Haunted Mansion (I'm guessing your last trip was before the new queue and the updated Madame Leota). Was Captain Jack a part of Pirates when you went last time? I'd do that, too. If I had time for a third attraction, it would be Tiki Birds now that they are back to the original show. Plus, it's close to Pirates so you won't have to criss-cross the park.

From there I think I'd head to Epcot for some Captain EO and Spaceship Earth.

MGM, er, sorry, DHS, has Star Tours 2.0 now, and it's such fun! I'd hit that, and follow it up with a nice, well-earned dinner at the Sci-Fi Drive-In.

I know this is only six attractions, but I'm not big on being in a hurry. I'd rather savor fewer things than stress myself out. Have a fun trip!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: