Alt Text 5
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Magical - New Fireworks show.

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Magical - New Fireworks show.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Magical - New Fireworks show. Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I just took a look at the video of the "Dress Rehearsal" of the new fireworks show "Magical" over at Mouseplanet.com. I am wondering if anyone else sa wit and what they think.

I realize it is a dress rehearsal but I was kinda disappointed. I saw "Wishes" and it is (was) fantastic. This show has good and bad parts but overall it did not grab at my emotions. True, I saw it on a video but the songs seemed random and there seemed to be no story or overall theme. They had one new and very nice shell (it went off and then after a pause smaller stars went off at the end of each of the prior tips) but overall it looked like less fireworks.

Tink flew by and this time they had Dumbo fly by too. Now I can not explain it but seeing him "fly" just did not seem right. ( I know, I know, he is an elephant, what was I expecting?) He flew backwards though and that just seemed wrong. Also, the video showed how visible the harness was.

Is it good in person? Probably. But I do not think it will compare favorably against Wishes and I am having a hard time not comparing the two.

SO, I need other people to take a look and let me know their opinions. Check out the videos on Mouseplanet.com or even better, see it live and let me know what you think?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the video of the test showing and I too wasn't that impressed with the show overall. They have moved away from featuring attractions to using animated feature themes and just a few of them.

You can tell they scaled back the amount of fireworks, because they used a lot of colored spotlights and tons of castle lights (alot more then Remember, if my memory is correct)...

Although the flying Dumbo was really cool... I think they should have had a flying Mary Poppins for her part of the show.

This article goes indepth in the technical details and has a nice photo of the flying Dumbo:
http://disneylandnewstoday.com/archives/4357
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the above. I think the flying dumbo is cool, although the trolley/harness holding it up was quite noticeable.

If they were adding flying folks and adding songs from Mary Poppins, it seems she would also have flown across.

I would not skip the show, but I did not think it was anything to "write home about".
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one part of the plan was to make sure the area of Fantasyland that was closed for Wishes was left open, so that is why the fireworks are not all around...Still... Sad
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney is doing a whole marketing thing around the new and improved (and soon to be added) night time attractions. Well, one of the more interesting aspects of the marketing is a new merchandise item, LED balloons! From the photos, these look pretty cool, here is an article about the new balloons: http://jan.freedomblogging.com/2009/06/21/oc-entrepreneur-lights-up-mickey-mouse/16295/
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool. I am not much of fan of balloons, but I can see where folks might find this intriguing.

Wonder if there is an off switch. I can see tons of parents buying this and then having it spend the night in the hotel room blinking like crazy.
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be quite honest, I hate this new fireworks show. Remember, Dreams Come True was simply phenominal (no offense to you WDW people, better than Wishes in my opinion Razz), and they replaced it with this garbage. I watched it on main street, where you can see most of the show, and I still had a hard time understanding what the heck was going on. It was very confusing, and it seemed more like a random bunch of little scenes than a whole fireworks show. Disney dissapointed me on this one.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great photos and an awesome video of the new dragon... looks like it was worth the wait!

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/31/disney-dragon-debut-canceled-but-photos-and-video-released/16363/#more-16363
allisonwonderland
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, I have been able to see it here at Disneyland. True, it isn't what Remember!... Dreams Come True was... but did we really expect it to be? It seems that it is sort of the interim fireworks show, just as Celebrate!... A Street Party is. I think it's just a point of recuperation for the parks. They aren't in the spot to spend a ton of money on something absolutely spectacular at this time. Plus, I can think of shows past where the fireworks were similar. Regardless, they are still pretty and sparkly so I don't really care. Plus DUMBO is soooo freakin' cute! Wink
allisonwonderland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: i forgot to mention... Reply with quote

The dragon looks beautiful. I have been able to see them rehearse for a while now, and I was so impressed. I hope that everyone gets to see her soon...

Also, the creative guru's are attempting to find a name for her. The Murphy name, started by the techs (not a certain leader of a certain website, as some have claimed) has stuck and although WDI seems to want to make it something better and more creative (and not all over the interwebs), at this point, I think it will be hard to shed for something new.

Hopefully we'll see her out and about before the end of this week. Laughing
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy she has been and Murphy she will remain...Too late to change...the web is real powerful when naming things like this...Perhaps we can soften it and say Miss Murphy???
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that dragon looks great. Hope they get her up and running soon for all you folks on the west coast...
allisonwonderland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Dragon debut Reply with quote

Just thought in case you hadn't heard, the elusive dragon made her debut tonight and should be performing steadily with the cast of Fantasmic from now on. Yay!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should plan to catch her performance on Sunday!

Dinner and a show, what a night!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: