Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-Imagine Adventureland Disneyland

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-Imagine Adventureland Disneyland
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re-Imagine Adventureland Disneyland Reply with quote

First things first bring back a resturant to the tahitian terace. I would also like to see the concept of the Jungle Boat ride and Indy becoming one inclusive attraction either you take the boat to the attraction or have the boats go through a portion of the temple. Tarzan gets to stay. It is an OK Attraction and taking out the tree would disrupt the classic feel of the area. These are some beginig thoughts I may have some more latter. FYI I did this on a mobile device please excuse the typing. Oh and I hate editing my posts Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never having beem to Adventureland in Disneyland, this is gonna be hard to participate it... but that has never stopped me before!

I thought the original plan for Indy was for it to integrate these 2 rides, and possibly to also include the railroad as well. Would be a nice to have them interlaced like that.
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who needs an Aladdin Meet and Greet Area? Bring back the Terrace!

Indy and the Cruise are good, and so is the treehouse. I just HATE the flow of traffic. There are center planters that make traffic confusing, and they need to go. Indy's Exterior Line could play into the Jungle Cruise, but I think the attractions should stay seperate. Other than that, Adventureland is ok for now, just because of tight space doesn't allow for much improvement.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if the Jungle cruise is on par with WDW or better, assuming it is the same I'd like to see JC get an animitronic face lift.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay folks, try this on for size.

Starting with the Enchanted Tiki Room I would either move the entrance to the other
side where the Tahitian Terrace was/is.

Or, bring over the GREAT Adventurer's Club from WDW. Since it's going to be closing
anyway, it would make a perfect addition to DL since it does follow a 1930s or '40s
theme.

As for the Jungle Cruise, I would remove the shrine/lost city scenery right at the
beginning and somehow incorporate TOFE, if only in passing. Then remove the native
village toward the end of the ride and just create an actual Lost City. Maybe enclose
it like WDW's and add effects like holgrams and fire/smoke pots to symbolize the
"jungle gods" getting angry.

And I don't mind the treehouse staying with Tarzan -- if it went back to the original
Edgar Rice Burroughs stories. Maybe include 'jewels of Opar', or some of the ant-
men artifacts.

And as far as foot traffic, perhaps moving/creating a seperate entrance for the
Adventureland Bazzarin order to space out the crowds better, maybe even extend
the rope bridges to crisscross the entire area. I know the kids would love it Laughing .

Anyway, that's just my crazy ideas. Mind you, I've been getting through a cold
lately, so I might not still be 100%.

Thanks for listening. Later. Peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see this thread picking up again. I'm waiting till we start Adventureland WDW... That can be fun...
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a hair off-topic, but...

Disneyland's Adventureland is WAY better than WDW's version - Indy is one-of-a-kind. The Jungle Cruise skippers out there are given much more free reign and are a riot, while the WDW skippers are often just reading through the script with very little humor (although there are a few exceptions). I also like the DL Jungle Cruise queue line - the boathouse is excellent, especially how it's two buildings that have (intentionally) shifted over time, so they're not completely flush with one-another - nice little touch.

Additionally, DL's version has the benefit of time - their foliage is so much larger than WDW's version, it really feels like a jungle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is the last of these threads. Adventureland - one of my favorites. Shame we never did fantasyland and that is the one they have actually done.
eatmon74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a trip down memory lane. These post all had a started as a Monday Chat before I had small children. WOW!
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think Adventureland in WDW is slightly better, because it is more spread out, has more lush foliage and has more dramatic archetecture. I wish Adventureland in Disneyland could be bigger, but there is not room to expand it. I would remove the Aladdin Oasis though, that is deffinately wasted space. I would approve bringing back the Tahitian Terrace, or perhaps use that space for Aladdin's Flying Carpets??? Just brainstorming here.
napabeth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya - what the heck happens at Aladin's Oasis anyways? We've been to DL about 9 times in the past 4 years (for several days at a time each time) and NEVER has anything been going on there - not on weekends - not during holidays - nothing ever! Time for it to go!

I agree there is a congestion issue through Adventureland - especially when stroller parking at Jungle Cruise gets busy - but not much can be done about it without major structural changes.

Still I love Adventureland - the atsmophere can't be beat!
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we went to Disneyland last summer I couldn't believe the congestion through Adventureland, especially at the entrance by the Tiki Room. We thought we were in line for the Tiki Room for a half an hour before we realized it was the Dole Whip line! I would remove all the buildings to the right of the entrance and straighten out the walk way first. Take out Aladdin's Oasis and put in a hybrid of Journey to the Center of the Earth from DisneySeas.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are that yes Adventureland is very congested and it seems the majority of people heading to Adventureland and Frontierland use the entrance by the Tiki Room, possibly because that is where the restooms are. The only thing I have experienced in th Aladdin's Oasis area is a few years back there was an Indiana Jones live show in there and Indy using the crossovers as show promotions. The worst area for strollers is in front of Pirates on the lower side, Indy can be pretty bad but I personally think that double wide and running strollers should not be allowed - I have been run over more times than I care to remember - Jungle Cruise is an "original" attraction and even if it can be "hokey" we always manage at least one ride per visit - because of the space contraints there isn't much to be done, but I find the thoughts on combining Jungle Cruise and Indy very interestings - Two Cents
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done about the congestion in Adventureland without cutting even more out of the Jungle Cruise. Indy was shoehorned into the land as best they could, but it creates a horrible bottleneck. Perhaps the Bengal Barbeque could be relocated somehow?

I would evict Tarzan from the treehouse and invite back the Robinsons. The whole childhood fantasy of a family living in a treehouse was lost in the 1999 redress, which turned the experience into a pedestrian retelling of Disney's forgettable Tarzan adaptation.

I would also restore the Tahitian Terrace to its rightful place. All of the infrastructure is still there. The Aladdin theme (which never fit in Adventureland to begin with) could be tactfully dismantled. Attendance patterns at Disneyland have changed a lot in the past 20 years, and I'm sure a revived dinner show would go over great with the locals.

Basically, Adventureland was perfect prior to 1993. I would restore it to its 1970s/80s state. And Indy can hang around, too, because he's cool.
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I find the layout of Disneyland to be superior to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. It feels more organic and less planned out, without everything lined up in a neat little row. But the only exception to this is find to be Adventureland. While I find that Disneyland's AL has a much more campy fun and kitch feel to it, the layout of Adventureland in Florida is far superior. Unfortunatley there is really nothing that can be done to fix this at Disneyland because there is no space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: