Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Your opinions, please.

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Your opinions, please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Your opinions, please. Reply with quote

We're going to WDW next year for the Food and Wine Festival. Doug's daughter and her roommate are joining us (they're into wine), and I have a two bedroom unit reserved at OKW. It will be our 2006 Christmas present to them (we're planning to throw in tickets to MNSSHP as well).

This is his daughter's first trip to WDW since she was a child (she's almost 30 now), and her roomate's first trip ever. I'm thinking about trying to move the ressie at the seven month mark to Boardwalk, (standard view) so they can walk to Epcot if they want. I realize this may not be possible.

They really can't afford going to WDW on a regular basis, so this will be a special trip for them

We're also planning to meet up with friends who like to stay at OKW.

Should I try and move the ressie, stay at OKW, or is it just too soon to even worry about something like that?

Just give me your thoughts please.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what you believe they will enjoy the most. If you think that The Boardwalk is best , then I'd say when the time comes, move the ressie. But hit it as close as possible, because I'm sure there will be MANY other people doing the same.

ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize it's going to be iffy. In fact, I figure I won't even have a choice when the time comes (I'm a bit of a fatalist). But there's always waitlisting.
thedisneyman
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that EPCOT will be the main focus of the trip then I would say to switch the reservation over to The Boardwalk Villas since this resort can't be beat if you LOVE EPCOT. I'm going next month, and I didn't originally have the reservation at the Boardwalk (even though I wanted it there). They'll put you on a waiting list and 9 times out of 10 they will be able to move you to what you request. Have a great time!!!!!!
ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rita,

I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to walk to the back of Epcot during the Food and Wine festival. I was there one time, and I really could have spent days there, if I would have had more time. By staying at the Boardwalk, it will make things that much closer, and you'll avoid the whole bus thing.

I think its worth a shot to try it. If worst comes to worst, you just end up staying at OKW.

Hope things work out well for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: