Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-imagine ..... Tomorrowland Florida

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-imagine ..... Tomorrowland Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonflz
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely bring back Timekeeper and Alien Encounter.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fondly remembering this thread and was wondering what some of the new folks might think, or what some of hte folks originally on this thread might do differently years later.

I think these re-imagined threads were some of our more creative conversations.
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: Break out the dip and ice the 'Toons. Buzz, Stitch and the Monsters belong in Fantasyland, not Tomorrowland.

Step 2: Update COP! COP could be remodeled to include 1900s, 1940s, 1970s, present. The original WDW show elements could be used for the first three scenes. Bring X. Atencio out of retirement to write the fourth scene.

Step 3: Restore CircleVision. Film a new version of America the Beautiful. Heck, film a new version of Magic Carpet Round the World, too, and run two different features during the day like they used to do at Disneyland. Perhaps a emphasis on futuristic innovations like the Spaceport America in New Mexico could tie it all in to the Tomorrow theme.

Step 4: Once Buzz is swatted, convert the Omnimover system into a new version of Adventure Thru Inner Space. With an emphasis on nanotechnology, perhaps?

Step 5: I'm not exactly sure what should replace Stitch. Maybe a Ward Kimball-inspired voyage to the edge of the Solar System and beyond utilizing the old Flight to the Moon infrastructure? Michael Crawford mentioned this idea on his progresscityusa.com blog a few years ago, and I think it's brilliant.

None of these fixes would require extensive new construction or the bulldozer, but they would improve the thematic consistency of Tomorrowland immeasurably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: