Haunted Mansion Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disneyland: Secrets, Stories, Magic DVD

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disneyland: Secrets, Stories, Magic DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Disneyland: Secrets, Stories, Magic DVD Reply with quote

Just got this from Amazon yesterday and watched the first hour and a half. Pretty good - interviews with everyone from nostril Nunis, Michael Eisner, Charlie Ridgeway, Buzz Price, Roy E Disney, etc.

It doesn't really live up to its name 'secrets', and it has a bit of a promotional DVD feel to it (multiple people saying how great the park is with no specific information), but it seems to be worth a look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I started checking out some of the other features of the disc, namely the People and Places movie. Shot in 1956, it shows lots of shots from around the park as it walks you through the attractions. Very cool, as it's neat to see the spot that's now occupied by NO Square, or the submarines, etc.

It also has an alternative version of this with Tony Baxter and Leonard Maltin narrating. Very very cool...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this for Christmas but haven't been able to check it out yet. I'll have to crack it open this weekend.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and it also has a cool time lapse photography part on the second disc where, as the park is being built at high speeds, Tony Baxter does voiceover narration: "So, in the background, you can see the X building going up. What's cool about that is...".

A worthwhile purchase.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this for Christmas as well from my mom! I have only seen about 45 min. so far. It is really interesting!
PlaneCrazy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also received it as a gift for Christmas.. but have not had time to watch much of it. If only I had more time...
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the DISNEY STORE had a huge sale going on recently, My dear wife purchased it for me and I have watched the first disc so far... I think it is very interesting. A must have for all disney fans...... Look forward to watching the rest soon....
PensFan66
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if this set was worth it - but from the discussion here and the price, I think I finally take the plunge... I was just nervous that was a rehash of all the stuff Ive seen before.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty good! I really enjoyed Wally Boag's antics in the Diamond Horseshoe!
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is very well done and very very informative. A true MUST HAVE for the disney fan. Great color and sound Good interviews and funny stories. Smile
martin21
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do they reveal any new secrets of Disneyland? You have certainly sparked my interest and I would like to get my hands on this DVD. You say it’s available on Amazon?
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I start to miss Disneyland I watch this it is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: