Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> For Your Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Reply with quote

I wanted to wish everyong a safe Halloween.... Hope the little kiddies enjoy themselves trick or treating.... and I hope the big kiddies don't scare too many little kiddies (Ellory and Dave, that goes double for you two)...

Last edited by daguru on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Humbug!

Oops! Wrong holiday.

I'll let Donna handle the goody duties. We'll get a ton of kids at the house. We have gummi body parts to give out. Maybe Donna will have her "Little Leota" shroud on, although it is balck and after the upgrade at HM it has been switched to white. (Bride I guess.)

She'll answer the door with, "Welcome foolish mortals.

Remember that Halloween was originally a religious holiday started in Ireland by the Druids. Yep. Any excuse to party and drink.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gummi body parts. Smile

I'll bring Kelly right over!!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Figment did his homework... Samhain (Sow-in) , when the druid new year started. Portions also came from a few Roman celebrations as well.

Part that surprised me the most is how big an event it is in the US. Anyone know how/if it is celebrated in other countries?
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Halloween everyone! Bouncing Ezra

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyDaddy wrote:
Gummi body parts. Smile

I'll bring Kelly right over!!

No. That's okay. We'll mail them. And we'll send Zoe too.

Good run at ToT. Post some pics with the glow in the dark shirt and that cool medal.

Then resume you rightful position as official SE MA weather guy.

Welcome home.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I see Figment did his homework... Samhain (Sow-in) , when the druid new year started. Portions also came from a few Roman celebrations as well.

Part that surprised me the most is how big an event it is in the US. Anyone know how/if it is celebrated in other countries?

AH! They sacrifice a live chicken??? Just a guess.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... not quite. they would leave food on the porches for the spirits to take to leave them alone. Sort of a turn of the century lead in to a "Protection Money" schema I guess. They would leave a Treat so the spirits would not leave a trick.

The Christians turned the concept in to Soul Cakes. The poor would go from house to house and receive token food\drink items, in return for which they would pray for the souls of the departed from the giver's family.

Now, several articles I've read credit customs to folks trying to hide from the wandering spirits by dressing up like them... I suspect the folks doing mischief found it convenient for other less "Spirit" minded folks to not see who they were as well.

Course... Who knows how much of this is accurate.
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The history channel had a great Halloween doc on last night it expalined alot of what you guys are talking about I magine it is on tonight also.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
The history channel had a great Halloween doc on last night it expalined alot of what you guys are talking about I magine it is on tonight also.

I'll have to check for that. But I watch that channel so much I've probably seen it.

It will be crowded at Stonehenge tonight. So if you are going, get there early and dress warm. It can get chillly.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on a couple of times today, including starting in the next 5 mins....
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
.... and I hope the big kiddies don't scare too many little kiddies (Ellory and Dave, that goes double for you two)...

Oh.....you're no fun anymore...... Twisted Evil
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to be home to scare the kiddies...going to be at the Haunt (Frightfestnh.com) to scare the kiddies (and grownups).

My goal is to make someone cry! (j/k...I'm taking pictures and that ain't that scary)

napabeth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be home to greet the kiddies - but we don't get that many. So I just buy our fav. candy (Reeses PB cups and Snickers) cause I know I'll have plenty left! Very Happy

I don't scare the kiddies - but our doggies sure get freaked out - it's fun to let our labrador see who's at the door - so many of the costumes make her act goofy. Plus I have a pumpkin costume Idress her in. Now for the Chihuahua. . . . I did buy a little doggie Cinderella costume hat with veil last year at DL. I've been putting it on the lab, but I think it's small enough for the Chihuahua. Too bad The Chihuahua is a boy, but so what if my doggie is a cross dresser. . . . . . . . .
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

napabeth wrote:
I'll be home to greet the kiddies - but we don't get that many. So I just buy our fav. candy (Reeses PB cups and Snickers) cause I know I'll have plenty left! Very Happy

I don't scare the kiddies - but our doggies sure get freaked out - it's fun to let our labrador see who's at the door - so many of the costumes make her act goofy. Plus I have a pumpkin costume Idress her in. Now for the Chihuahua. . . . I did buy a little doggie Cinderella costume hat with veil last year at DL. I've been putting it on the lab, but I think it's small enough for the Chihuahua. Too bad The Chihuahua is a boy, but so what if my doggie is a cross dresser. . . . . . . . .

2 points.

Be careful giving out candy with nuts. You'll get sued by some parent whose kid has a nut allergy and ate a Reese's cup before having his parents check the candy.

Dressing up your dog other than a sweater to ward off the cold, that's just not right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> For Your Information All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: