Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Definitive Disney PARK song.

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Definitive Disney PARK song.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Definitive Disney PARK song. Reply with quote

I truly enjoyed the answers to the Definitive Disney Song, but it got me think more.. (I think too much) Is there a song you associate as special to a particular park.
For example, I don't feel like I'm truly going to Epcot until I here the area music around space ship earth... And I always associate Hakuna Matata with Animal Kingdom.

So I ask... What song sticks out for each Disney park?
MK ????, EPCOT ????, MGM ????, AK ????, DL ????, CA ???? Question
DaParkMan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When You Wish Upon a Star" is one song that easily comes to mind when thinking about Disney's parks. Smile
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to associate the area music in front of space ship earth or the area music in front of innoventions for EPCOT........I would associate Rockin Roller coaster (aerosmith) anything on Sunset Blvd with MGM Africa area music or Kilimanjaro safari with Animal Kingdom All music on Main Street ( since thats where you initially begin) besides Wish upon a star with MAGIC KINGDOM
atomicbear
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been to the east coast parks once, and a lot of it was derivative of Disneyland (or vise versa).

There is a magical feeling I get when your waiting in line to get in to the park and the melody of park/movie songs are playing. It just gives you goose bumps. It makes a big difference that the songs are all orchistrated together as one piece. When I was at Universal a few years ago they were just playing rock music and tv themes one after another and it did not have the same effect.

I always think the music on main street is very effective at setting a pace and mood for the day. It's like it telling you to "slow down, enjoy yourself"

Visit my Production Log to see my latest work and adventures
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for me...
EPCOT is definitely Innoventions or Tapestry
MGM Studios is actually the Star Wars or Indiana Jones theme
Animal Kingdom is probably anything from Lion King
Magic Kingdom, hmm... Yo Ho or Grim Grinning Ghosts (of course, I also get jazzed up with the TTA Chime... I know, I'm weird)...

But like most people who are WDW Passholders, it is actually a phrase, not a song:
Please stand clear of the doors... Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas...
trekty
Airport Information Representative
Airport Information Representative

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the opening line from the Monorail.
Also for me the music from Spaceship Earth IS Epcot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with WDWFan that the music around SSE in Epcot really defines the park, although the entrance music to the park itself starts the mood change.

AT MK however, It's actually the howling from HM that I look forward to. You can hear that long before you get to it. I won't say this defines the park, but for me it is a strong assocaition.
nelsonj3
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the Epcot Entrance Music defines the park as stated above. However, I think the old Horizons "Space" Theme and the old SSE Entrance Music based on Tomorrow's Child really define "Old School" Epcot.

When You Wish Upon a Star definitely defines Magic Kingdom (especially now with it being so prominent in Wishes.

For me, MGM is defined by all of the great Jazz that is played in the Sunset Blvd Area and also the different Jazz that is played in the Tower of Terror Queue.
Dixielandings
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrows child from Horizins I think its still on the EPCOT Backgound music loop
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - I have to say that the monorail phrase really puts me in the spirit!

But since Boardwalk is my favorite place to stay, the background music at the International Gateway always puts me in the WDW state-of-mind! Very Happy
DaParkMan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another definitive Disney park song: "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah".

After all, almost every day in a Disney park is a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah day. Very Happy
dtrippie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always sing the "Good morning/ Casey Junior" song they play as the gates open at the Magic Kingdom in my head as I walk in no matter what time of day I walk into the park.
MainStPacNW
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the magic kingdom i wanna say the peter pan queue music. it was usually the last ride we caught before leaving the beautiful Florida sunshine in the winter to return up north to the cold.

In Disneyland I'd have to say the It's a small world music outside is pretty definitive, or the sounds of the tiki room pre show in adventureland...I am Tangaroa!!!!

Finally for DCA the Soarin music that plays around Condor flats or Sunshine Plaza
DisneyDave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the Condor Flats area music is AWESOME, makes you feel like you are always in the climactic ending scene in movies where you are about to do great things! hahahah Cool

But as for a Definitive Disney Park song... It's got to be the Main Street area music... It just instantly sells the theming, and puts me in the mode that I have left the outside world behind for the day, and let myself fall into the world of the Park! I love that feeling Very Happy
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For MGM, I love the walk down Sunset Boulevard with that really old Hollywood music playing with the Tower of Terror looming at the end of the street. And, when you get to the Tower of Terror, the music turns a bit more melancholy and they add a bit more echo to give it that "ghostly" effect. Awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: