Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW 12-1 to 12-9

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW 12-1 to 12-9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Postcards From Your Travels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainSad
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: WDW 12-1 to 12-9 Reply with quote

It has been a long time since I last posted here.. I will do this in a couple of posts.. I am at work and don't have the time to do it all at once. So be patient..

I just wanted to share our 28th anniversary trip to WDW last week.. We arrived in Orlando on 12-1 @ 10:00a.m. Our first stop was at the Disney Marketplace for lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. Those are the best sandwiches I have ever had... We don't miss it when we go. We looked around the Marketplace for a couple of hours. We checked in at the Bonnet Creek Resort around 3-ish. What a view from the 13th floor.. Yes the 13th floor. You can see DHS, CBR, Expedition Everest and the Dolphin and Swan hotels. Went food shopping at the Super Target for our stay.. It's nice to have full Kitchens at our Time share. Then we just hung out at the resort and caught Illuminations from our deck at 9:30..

12-2.. Went to the MK for the whole day.. Being from New England and the cold weather it was great to have the temps in the mid 70's to low 80's the whole week. This was the first time we ever bought the Annual passes.. We did this because our oldest daughter is running the Marathon in January and this gives us an excuse to go again. The park was open till 7 but we also had our tickets for MVMCP that night. Had breakfast reservations at the Cystal Palace with Pooh and friends. After we ate they came over with a small cake for our anniversary.. They knew because when I made reservations they asked the reason of our trip. I didn't tell the wife. She started crying... Women.... After breakfast we took our time and went from land to land.. Without kids you can get a lot done at your own pace. The most impressive part was the new Fantasyland.. They were doing a soft opening the whole day getting ready for the offical opening on Thursday. We did things we hadn't done in years.. I can't remember the last time we went on Tom Sawyer Island.. We hit almost all the attractions thoughout the day. They didn't have the tree or the decorations up over main street because they taped the Christmas parade the day before.. It looked naked. When 4pm arrived we went and got our wrist bands for MVMCP. It was not crowded at all.. The lines were 5-10 minutes except for SM and Buzz.. The dance party was kinda cool.. The Parade and Christmas Wishes were awesome. I was disappointed on the Snickerdoodle cookies.. Kinda dry and they fell apart.. The Hot Chocolate was good as usual. Made sure I got my MVMCP party t-shirt and the Pins.. They only have a small amoumt of pins this year.. But I bought the round box that had all of them.. It was not cheap. We started to leave the park around 11pm or so.. Had a long day and going to EPCOT the next day doesn't help.

12-3.. EPCOT.. I like to call it the EPCOT death march.. When you go to this park your feet feel like they are going to fall off. Well the first stop was for a FP at Soarin. Then while we were waiting for that we headed over to TT.. What luck. They were doing Cast Members rehersals that day. Since the line was already to long we decided to do the single lane.. Let me tell you.. The new TT is a 100 times better.. It's themed like Tron. I bet you will all like it.. We went back and did Soarin. We did MS Green after that and SE after that. We then hung around Future World until the World Showcase opened. We did our European tour as always visiting all these countries in one day. Caught a couple of the Christmas stories. I had another surprise for my wife. I booked Via Napoli for the Candlelight Processional dinner package. So at 3:30 we had our early dinner and the food was great. At the end of our meal 3 waiters came over and gave us a dessert treat and started singing something in Italian. What I don't know.. Again the wife started crying.. What is with you women?. After we left we did a few things until our 6:45 Candlelight show. I think I will do it this way the next time.. We had great seats for a change. The guest narrarator was Andy Garcia.. He did a great job.. Next was Illuminations. With the dinner package you get a great spot for it. Right in between the Gateways looking right at the American Adventure.. I love this version of Illuminations the best.. The Piece on Earth ending is one of the best. What a perfect way to end the day...

12-4.. This was a day of relaxation. We stayed at the resort and hit the pools.. Did I mention the temps were .. Oh wait I did.. Very Happy

See my next post for days 12-5 to 12-9 later...
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trip report! Sounds like you're having a great time!!

: )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Postcards From Your Travels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: