Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Tangled

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Tangled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Tangled Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I know some of you have seen Tangled. Where are the reviews???

I haven't been able to go to the cinema as much as I typically do (which I hate!) and am looking forward to seeing it! I have a few friends here who have seen it and they said the humor is great and the kids love it too. They aren't big Disney fans. how does this fit in the Disney family of films?

Bring on the discussion!

: )
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it with my 3 yr old daughter and we both loved it. It was really good. All the reviews that I've read are pretty spot on. I thought it was great to look at, very well done.

I will say, don't over pay for the 3D. I didn't think it was worth it.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw it a couple weekends ago as a double-feature with the new Harry Potter film.

I thought it was pretty good. In fact, I liked it more than Harry Potter. There's a lot of Pixar influence in the animation style, which lent to fantastic detail.

It was well-written and perfectly paced. I think the real highlight of the film, though, was the character design, specifically that of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. They looked amazing. There was a slight anime inspiration in there, similar to the work of Miyazaki (no doubt John Lasseter's input), that just really worked. As a result, Rapunzel might be the prettiest Disney princess to date, and Mandy Moore handled the voice work expertly.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a must-see. And I agree that the 3D upcharge is not necessary. We saw it in regular Dolby Digital, and I can't imagine it looking any better through special glasses.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVED IT! My 4 1/2 yr old daughter LOVED every bit of it! Our new family favorite.

A great tale retold by the artists at Disney. Noone could have done it better.
mrsguru
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I LOVED IT! It's definitely a new favorite for me. Very Happy
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!! I still haven't had a chance to see it, but I can hardly wait! 3D is definitely out for me since I have new found issues with my head-I don't enjoy it at all and end up with a raring headache!

I'm excited to see what each of you have pointed out!!!

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you do have people that really really want to see it in 3D and you want to not bail on them, you can either snag 2 pairs of real3D glassses and swap lenses to make 2 pair of "2D glasses" (it cancels out the other channel) or wear a pair of polarized sunglasses. I know it's silly to pay for the feature and then take efforts to disable it, but sometimes you want to go to a movie with friends.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting to note polarization cancels it out. Most of my crew has jumped the 3D ship. After one or two shows we were all over the hype.

There are so many films I've missed seeing! So many out right now too!!

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when they make the prints/process the movies for 3D they put a slight variant on polarization for the two lenses, they are just marginally different (which is why the glasses look almost the same on each side.

On a side note... anyone outside of the OC (and possibly Orlando) area that has seen a 3D movie in Imax, do they use the same glasses they use at the disney resorts? They always use them here so now I have a pile of the Yellow saftey goggles here. Very Happy

Also speaking of 3D glasses, as part of the ungodly huge marketing and merch program for Tron: Legacy you can now buy special Tron branded oakleys for about $180, they are a special edition of an existing frame that costs 150 and can be converted to normal sunglasses, but still that is crazy expensive for something that can only work in a movie theater that you would still have to pay the 3D glasses upcharge for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: