Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Trailer for Tangled Released

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Trailer for Tangled Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Trailer for Tangled Released Reply with quote

Yahoo Movies has the teaser trailer for the new Disney movie Tangled: http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/20263362/standardformat

Looks interesting...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a take off on Rapunzal, but why did they call it Tangled? I get it, its about hair, but the name just doesn't seem right.

Looks like a good movie, but personally I want to see Sorcerer's Apprentice
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I'm crazy about it. I don't see myself going to a theater for that. It will probably be added to the Netflix queue.
Disney
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: New Theatrical Trailer Reply with quote

Hey guys, I work on behalf of Disney, and I thought you guys might want to see the new theatrical trailer for Tangled. It's about a month old now, but it looks like you guys have only seen the early one. Check it out, and let me know what you guys think.

Theatrical Trailer: http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/09/15/tangled-trailer-disney/
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Theatrical Trailer Reply with quote

Disney wrote:
Hey guys, I work on behalf of Disney, and I thought you guys might want to see the new theatrical trailer for Tangled. It's about a month old now, but it looks like you guys have only seen the early one. Check it out, and let me know what you guys think.

Theatrical Trailer: http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/09/15/tangled-trailer-disney/

That trailer is better than the first one released. Much better. I don't know what Lasseter is thinking, but he needs to stop marketing these new projects like they're Dreamworks pictures.

I really wish that they never changed the name to Tangled, though. I really get the impression that this movie is going to be nothing like what the trailers are representing. It seems like it's going to be more in the vein of something like Aladdin, and it's being represented like a Shrek spin-off.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of projects changing names to something far worse, changing The Bear and the Bow to Brave was an insipid move.

EDIT: Also, are you kidding me? The user name "Disney" hadn't been taken yet? That's amazing!
Disney
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Theatrical Trailer Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
That trailer is better than the first one released. Much better. I don't know what Lasseter is thinking, but he needs to stop marketing these new projects like they're Dreamworks pictures.

EDIT: Also, are you kidding me? The user name "Disney" hadn't been taken yet? That's amazing!

Glad you enjoyed it. Have you seen this 90 second spot yet? Check it out, and let me know how it is.

And thanks for the call out about the name...that's exactly why I chose it. Very Happy
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's an irrational thing, but I have a big problem with contemporary music being played behind a period film. It's weak sauce. I consider it a creative cop-out. All of the trailers have used some form of rock or pop music thus far, and if the film actually has this music in it, and it's not just a marketing thing, I'm going to be really disappointed.

Like I said previously, that trailer looks better than the first one, but it's still not good. I'm going to see it, because I watch a lot of movies, and I love animation, but so far what's out there isn't wowing me.
Disney
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
All of the trailers have used some form of rock or pop music thus far, and if the film actually has this music in it, and it's not just a marketing thing, I'm going to be really disappointed.

The actual music in the film is by Alan Menken. He has worked on a number of other Disney projects, so you are probably already familiar with his sound. I think his sound is exactly the type of music you are looking for... Very Happy
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like Menken's work, and I realize he's scoring the film. My fear for the film's legitimacy lies in that, from the trailers, it seems like expecting some sort of musical montage set over a barely appropriate stadium rock song might not be so far-fetched.

That would be a huge mistake, in my opinion. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but from the way the film is being advertised, I can't really rule it out.

The animation looks top notch, though, and I'm a fan of Mandy Moore. I think she has some real acting ability and is a good get as a voice actor. I'm sure she'll feel perfect for the role, once I see it. All I'm sayin' is, I'm not a fan of the way this film is being portrayed in its trailers. It's very... Pop culture overload.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
Yeah, I like Menken's work, and I realize he's scoring the film. My fear for the film's legitimacy lies in that, from the trailers, it seems like expecting some sort of musical montage set over a barely appropriate stadium rock song might not be so far-fetched.

That would be a huge mistake, in my opinion. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but from the way the film is being advertised, I can't really rule it out.

The animation looks top notch, though, and I'm a fan of Mandy Moore. I think she has some real acting ability and is a good get as a voice actor. I'm sure she'll feel perfect for the role, once I see it. All I'm sayin' is, I'm not a fan of the way this film is being portrayed in its trailers. It's very... Pop culture overload.

like shrek?

: )
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly like Shrek.

Disney doesn't need to be Dreamworks. Pixar is ridiculously successful, and I'd think that John Lasseter would have brought the same line of thinking to the Disney Animation Studios in general when he took over the whole operation, not pander to the marginal successes of a competitor.

I don't know. Maybe this whole marketing scheme is out of his hands. Maybe Rapunzel became Tangled after the finished product left the studio. The latest news out of Disney Animation just has not been encouraging. Original ideas are dying in favor of sequels, titles are being changed to simplistic parodies of themselves, directors are quitting or being fired mid-production and films are being marketed in a very non-Disney way.

I was and still am looking forward to it, but right now, all of this does not bode well for Brave's release next year.
Disney
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we've had a lot people say that they are excited about Flynn's sidekick Maximus, the horse.

He's a short clip about Maximus: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/tangled/vignette-maximus

Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks. [/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: