Haunted Mansion Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - No windowless cabins on Disney Dream

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

No windowless cabins on Disney Dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Cruise Line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: No windowless cabins on Disney Dream Reply with quote

Disney's Latest Dream Cruise Ship

They're still more than a year away from sailing their next new ship, but the Disney cruise people want you to know they have the cure for the common inside cabin.

Just about every ship has them. They are the cheapest units on board, those rooms in the middle of the vessel, closest to the droning engine, farthest from those soothing blue horizon views.

The Disney Dream, due to sail in January 2011 out of Port Canaveral, Fla., will feature "virtual portholes" in about 150 inside staterooms. Through these round monitors, guests not only will see the sea in real time (thanks to onboard high-def Web cams), but also occasionally will get animated visits from such characters as Peach (the starfish from "Finding Nemo").

The new ship, Disney's third, will concentrate on three- to five-night itineraries in the Bahamas, paying particular attention to Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. Disney started taking bookings for Disney Dream on Nov. 9. So far, rates for a three-night itinerary in one of those inside staterooms start at $389 per person.

— Christopher Reynolds, Tribune Newspapers

Source: Courant.com; http://www.courant.com/features/travel/hc-tc-trav-know-11124-1129.artnov29,0,3043449.story

Sounds really cool and really doesn't surprise me... I have never been on a cruise, so I don't know if this is as good as a real portal or not...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cute idea. I am sure kids will love seeing peach stop by for a visit.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked an outside room for June just so we weren't without a window. I think the idea is good and has merit, but I don;t know it will really be able to replace a real window.

But then again, the could do this in ALL rooms for that. I think it's a cool idea.

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimHillMedia.com has some photos and videos of the virtual portholes: http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/scott_liljenquist/archive/2009/12/29/will-the-virtual-porthole-give-disney-cruise-line-the-inside-track-when-it-comes-to-booking-inside-staterooms.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Cruise Line All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: