Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Zemeckis and a Roger Rabbitt Sequel?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Zemeckis and a Roger Rabbitt Sequel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Zemeckis and a Roger Rabbitt Sequel? Reply with quote

Straight from Robert Zemeckis: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40916
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interviewer should've begged "puh-puh-puh-puh-puh-pleeeeeeeeeeeease!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Wish he had been more positive or driving in his statement rather than - I've had a passing idea... -

I would think another Roger Rabbit would be great, but wasn't there issues with Spielberg that would have to be resolved?
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see another Roger Rabbit movie. Very Happy
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Interesting. Wish he had been more positive or driving in his statement rather than - I've had a passing idea... -

I would think another Roger Rabbit would be great, but wasn't there issues with Spielberg that would have to be resolved?

Remember, Dreamworks is now freed from Universal and has some relationship with Disney - maybe Disney is the distributor or something; I can't recall the exact partnership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the relationship excludes any Dreamworks Animation. So the ? is would it be considered part of Dreanworks Animation?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe Roger Rabbit would fall under Dreamworks Animation, as Roger Rabbit predates Dreamworks Animation and was a partnership between Disney and Amblin Entertainment. Of course, Dreamworks, Dreamworks Animation, and Amblin Entertainment share alot of upper management (Spielberg, Katzenburg, etc...)

Disney has been working on the a prequel for a few years now, including some test footage and CGI tests.

With the VERY convoluted history of the primaries of all of these companies and backgrounds, it will be interesting to see if this actual moves forward or not...
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More rumors about a Roger Rabbit sequel:

Robert Zemeckis Says ‘Roger Rabbit 2′ Script Already Being Developed By Original Writers

We’ve been hearing a lot from Robert Zemeckis in the past few months in regard to a potential sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, his classic live-action/cartoon hybrid. We’ve heard some good news, like that the 2-D animated characters will remain 2-D, though some new 3-D characters could be introduced (Read: SDCC 09: Director Robert Zemeckis Says 2D Characters Would Remain That Way In A ‘Roger Rabbit’ Sequel). We’ve also heard bad news, such as Bob Hoskins saying that he wouldn’t be able to come back and do a sequel if it happened (Read: Bob Hoskins Says ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2′ Won’t Have Eddie Valiant? I Call Shenanigans!).

To add to all of that, Zemeckis recently spoke to MTV and shared some new news that will get fans really excited: not only is he serious about wanting to make Roger Rabbit 2, but he already has the original movie’s writing team of Jeffrey Price and Peter Seaman developing a script right this moment.

Apparently the director also shared a few more bits of news, including a possible update on whether Eddie Valiant will return, and this information will be shared as the week moves forward.

Aside from Roger Rabbit, Price and Seaman also wrote Ron Howard’s live-action adaptation How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Shrek the Third.

Source: Geeksofdoom.com; http://geeksofdoom.com/2009/11/01/robert-zemeckis-says-roger-rabbit-2-script-already-being-developed-by-original-writers/

No word on "when" the movie will take place (remember that the first movie was set in the 30s). Could they do a modern day movie with a mixture of 2D and 3D movie characters?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it now. Jessica Rabbit partying with Britney and Lindsay. The tabloids would be all over that.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see Zemeckis make another Back to the Future.
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original movie was a big part of my childhood and a huge lead into my interest in the 30's and 40's. I know they may have laughed themselves to death in the first one, but I'd love to see the return of the Toon Patrol!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: