Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Counter Service

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Counter Service
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjturmel
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraysister wrote:
Hi,

One note on Pinocchio's Village Haus at WDW. I'm not sure when they changed the routine, but it's more organized and less of a free-for-all. I was just there last week Very Happy Very Happy .
There's no more reserving tables while the rest of your party is up ordering food. They have tons of staff manning this place now.
As soon as you get your food, a cast member asks how many in your party, etc and sends you off in the general direction of other cast members who are assigned to specific areas of the dining room. These cast members are responsible for finding you a table as well as maintaining the tidiness of their sections (eg sweeping the floor, wiping down tables & chairs)
All in all, I think it worked pretty well. I would say that they need to give the cast members a better way to communicate with each other - maybe headsets like the Gap.

and when did the chicken strips become chicken nuggets? I miss the chicken strips!

Oh really? That's a huge bummer.......my family always liked to sit by the window by IASW so we could wave to all the little kids going on the ride while we were eating lunch. Now we'll probably never get to sit over there again. Sad
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more reserving tables while the rest of the party orders dinner.

Does anyone really think making a perosn stand in line with his whole family is better for anyone sanity versus having them sit down while you get the food...

Come on it - it may be the only few minutes of quiet that person gets all day
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My absolute favorite Disney counter-service restaurant is Sunshine Seasons in The Land at EPCOT Center. It has a wonderful variety of foods, including a number of healthy (and delicious) selections. Top it all off with a fruit tulip for dessert.

I'm also quite fond of Rancho del Zocalo at Disneyland. I'm pretty much stuck on the tostada salad with beef, smothered in hot taco sauce. Until the hot sauce comes back to bite me a few hours later. Theme-wise, it's a beautiful restaurant.

Finally, I gotta give a shout-out to the Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. In addition to skewers that are finger-lickin' good, the seating area for this particular restaurant is like an attraction in itself, with hidden grottos, fountains and a spectacular view of Expedition Everest. Last time I was at AK, we got to the window right before the restaurant closed and got to enjoy a quiet dinner in the dark on the edge of the lagoon. It was a great way to end a week at the World.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with UncleDick about Sunshine Seasons and the variety. And Flame tree as well. We sat outside there one time and could see the parade from our table.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunshine Seasons is great! They have a great variety in the cooler sections. If you're vegetarian, they have a lot more options than other eateries; not just gardenburgers and cheese pizza. I'll have bacon-wrapped bacon any day, but they have some tasty non-animal noms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: