Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - The Jolly's Engagement

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

The Jolly's Engagement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Postcards From Your Travels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: The Jolly's Engagement Reply with quote

I know it’s been a long time since I posted anything in these forums, but I wanted to share this little bit of nostalgia with you folks. I figured who better to appreciate this video than a huge group of people who love ANYTHING DISNEY, just like myself! Some of you may have heard, and some of may not have heard the story of how I proposed to my wife. It’s been 10 years since that day, and since our anniversary is this Friday, I thought I’d surprise my love by uploading the video onto Youtube, and secretly spreading it around the net and generating as many comments on it as possible.
Feel free to watch it, leave a comment on the Youtube page, and pass it on to as many people as you wish. –I’d greatly appreciate it!
In the meantime, here is a quick synopsis of that day and a few photos to match as well.

This all took place on the afternoon of May 3rd, 1998. I arrived at the Beauty & the Beast Stage at the Disney/MGM Studios for the next-to-last show of the day. My girlfriend (now my wife) was a dancer there, and I was one of the Beasts. It was my day off, and I showed up to tell her that I was taking her out to a nice dinner after the show. So I hung out in the greenroom with her until call time, and when she went to go get ready for the show…so did I!
Prior to that day I had pre-approved this idea with the stage manager, secretly rehearsed the waltz scene with a few dancers, arranged for her exact track schedule for the show, and had a costume fitting. The way the rest of the moment happened, was pure Disney Magic! The show played normally from beginning to end as it always had, until the grand waltz number at the end. Unbeknownst to her, I was hidden backstage awaiting an entrance I had arranged with one of the dancers. The girls separate from their partners for a small section of the waltz, and when they partner back up,…she was face-to-face with me! We danced and finished the show, and no one in the audience noticed the switch. (Nor did the rest of the dancers onstage.) After it was all over, there was supposed to be exit music for everyone to leave the stage…it never came up. Instead, they turned up the volume on the wireless mic I had been outfitted with, and I addressed the audience. I said a few romantic things, got down on one knee, and asked the woman of my dreams to marry me. In front of a packed house of about 1500 people, she said yes! The rest, as they say, is history. We were married a year later on May 15th, 1999.
Our engagement story truly parallels our married life together. It’s been beautiful, romantic, magical, and a lovely dance. We’ve been married ten years now, and even though our lives are not everything you read in fairy tales, I think it’s safe to say that we really are living happily ever after.

Wanna see it? Here’s the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFRyOD3L5Y

Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, that was beautiful! Happy anniversary!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Happy anniversary!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary! It must be a "Jolly Holiday" for your both! (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) Smile

GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniverary to you both and for many years to come. Very Happy
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were at the Beauty and the Beast show a few weeks ago on May 4. I remembered your story from the prior post and thought of it as we were sitting there. I'll have to check out that video.

I also thought of you while we were at the Muppet 3-D, when Sweetums walks in front of the stage. Glad to see you post again. Glad to know you are still checking out the site.

Congratulations. Hope your wife is pleased by you efforts to remember that special day.
kray

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!

Just watched the video on youtube - that was just wonderful!!
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats all i can say wow now that is magical

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
mrsguru
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was beautiful! *sniff* *sniff* Congrats on the 10 years and Happy Anniversary! Congrats
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to the happy couple. If I can quote my friend Angus....Cheers! Drink Happy Anniversary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 10 years of marriage! What a wonderful story!
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Congratulations. That video actually made me cry - it was WONDERFUL!!! Happy Anniversary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Postcards From Your Travels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: