Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Attractions for Tokyo DL

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Attractions for Tokyo DL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: New Attractions for Tokyo DL Reply with quote

TOKYO-DISNEYLAND
2011 - CinderellaWalk-Through - Confirmed - (5/8/09) OLC confirms today that they will build a new walk-through attraction inside Cinderella’s Castle that will tell the story through dioramas and paintings. In short, it sounds like they are getting a Cinderella themed version of the Sleeping Beauty walk-through attraction that was rebuilt and reopened at Disneyland in late 2008. The official name of the attraction has yet to be decided, but it will include a trip through the Grand Ballroom. The estimated cost of this attraction is 2 billion Yen.

TOKYO-DISNEYSEA
2012 - Toy Story Mania - Confirmed - (5/8/09) The OLC confirmed today that a copy of the popular Toy Story Mania attraction will be built in DisneySea, in the New York themed area of the American Waterfront. The new ride will be built for an estimated 11.5 billion Yen.

Source: Sreamscape; http://www.screamscape.com/html/tokyo_disney_.htm

Sounds interesting!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read over at the Disney and more blog, they say that a total of four new attractions will be added.... These four include the two already mentioned, plus Turtle Talk with Crush @ Tokyo SeaDisney and Mickey's Philarmagic @ Tokyo Disneyland. All of the four attractions will be open within the next three years...

While I like the fact that they are adding, not sure I like the idea of them just using the same attractions from elseware. I guess this way they can and add more, but don't have to spend more money developing something new.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with your tried and true attractions is good safe bussiness and in this tough
economy any time your can save a little extra cash and add to your parks is
good for the guests and the company.

I would just like to see something new coming down that's not a quick easy
run off from the lastest movie thats out.

Time for the Immagineers to start Immagining again.
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would like to see a new attraction instead of a copy. I would prefer it happened in the US first but our economy is definately not going to help. The DCA new area is the best we have.

More annoying is the concept of taking turtle talk, changing it to Stich and telling everyone "WOW, a new attraction!". No, it is an old attraction with face paint on. Disney can do better. they just need to commit to the long term instead of the quick and easy.

They also could have removed the lagoon in DL Calif and replaced it with the Paris version of 20,000 that does not actually require a pool of water. Yeah it would be a copy, BUT, the submarines, while cool are a copy of Nemo/Epcot and I think the Paris version gives them way more oportunities.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet Hong Kong Disney sits and rots.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never ceases to amaze me how a company that prides itself on being 'innovaters'
in family entertainment has such a hard time coming up with newer and more creative
ways of doing the things they themselves created.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact so much of the rest of the world has
caught up with America in terms of new ways of thinking while we, in a proverbial
way, prefer to simply rest on our laurels, creatively speaking.

Anyway, as far as the new attractions at TDL and TDS are concerned, let's just hope
they can at least put as much of spin on their versions as possible. After look at what
they did with ToT, 20kUTS, and yes, even Winnie the Pooh.

Oh well, that's my Two Cents . Later. Peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind... different companies actually manage Hong Kong, Tokyo and the remainder.

The Japanese company has always seemed to get the "Give them more than they expect". Shame the US company forgot that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: