Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Important UAB Site Announcement

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Important UAB Site Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:

Wow, to be categorized with Mr. Toad and The Adventurers Club, what an honor!

But dave I thought you were all but a fixture in the Adventurers Club?? Wink
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyDaddy wrote:
daveypoo wrote:

Wow, to be categorized with Mr. Toad and The Adventurers Club, what an honor!

But dave I thought you were all but a fixture in the Adventurers Club?? Wink

Close, but there were many more that had me beat!

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the suggested sites. I can't get the broadcasts at work because of the bandwidth. I can only get UAB using the 24 bit stream. Didn't see much in the forums. And one of the site looks like it is the first week in business. Absolutely nothing going on there.

It looks like I'll just be spending my online time with the Disney running forum. But maybe I'll see you all elsewhere.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so bummed out today. I've gotten to enjoy my Tuesday's working at home and listening to UAB (I can not stream at work). And all I can think about today is how I will only be able to do this a few more times.

I'd put in a Crying or Very sad or Sad but neither of them express adequately how much I will miss this site and the people I have met here.
mickeem
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't believe it!!
I love this site.. I listen all day, and even my off days at home!! It gets me from trip to trip!

Well, thank you for all you have done, to give all us listeners such a huge smile everyday.
I guess this means REQUEST!! use all those points!

Thanks again! ;(
disneyman01
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... sniffle...sniffle... I can't believe it! Crying or Very sad

This was truly... my favorite website!

As a teenage boy, it seems abnormal to be a Disney fanatic! Although, I highly disagree! Throughout school, I constantly have my earphones in my ears and I am tuned into UAB. When asked by my friends what I am listening to, my response is "To the best music in the world"! Everyday, as I do my homework, UAB is playing in the background. Whether its Horizons for the third time that day... or a random track from one of the Disney resorts, I am tuned in and enjoying.

It is UAB that keeps me going through the day and allows me to look forward to doing my homework every night!
UAB will truly be missed.

Just want to say thanks to everyone in the UAB community for making this website so extra special and fun to be on. I especially want to thank the Admin. for all their hard work throughout the years. It is your hard work, that brightens my day.

Hopefully, someday, we will all be able to come together for the "Re-opening of Utilidors Audio Broadcasting". Smile

Until then, so long and I wish all the best for everyone in the months to come! Mickey
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
I checked out the suggested sites. I can't get the broadcasts at work because of the bandwidth. I can only get UAB using the 24 bit stream. Didn't see much in the forums. And one of the site looks like it is the first week in business. Absolutely nothing going on there.

It looks like I'll just be spending my online time with the Disney running forum. But maybe I'll see you all elsewhere.

Fimentathm, I hate to see you miss out on your Daily Disney fix. Have you tried the 56k stream at my site ImaginEARing.com?

If this is definitely an issue for you, I will gladly look into providing a 24 bit stream.

Feel free to email me at disneydave@imaginearing.com and we can talk further. We'd love to have you at ImaginEARing.com.

Dave...

DisneyDave
Head ImaginEAR!
AliceinWDW
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also very sad to hear that UAB will be shutting down. It was by far the best Disney site out there. Wonderful Staff, wonderful members, awesome contests.... too much to list. UAB will always be in my heart and like the liner says... I've got UAB on the brain!

Much Love,

Barb
owtlaw17
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we all come to our senses and stopped this site from closing? Surely everything is going to turn around and make a remarkable recovery Smile . Then UAB can continue to keep us entertained. Very Happy
Regards,
Robert
richomatic
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for providing this service, has provided a lot of enjoyment through the years. IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE YOUR MIND Very Happy
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we are getting close the end here, but I have to ask, is there anything we can do to stop the site from going dark?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a specific date and time that the plug will be pulled? Although sad, it would be nice to hear the final farewell. Maybe one last tune such as, "Great Big beautiful Tomorrow." Off Kilter would be fine too.
richomatic
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually good point...could you please ost the date/time thing go quite i would really love to be online listening when you pull the plug Sad

Incidentally Adam Carolla show has been cancelled today too. It's like the universe doesn't want me to enjoy audio anymore!
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the request for the final broadcast of UAB. I would love to make sure I'm listening as everything comes to a close.

I'll have to deal with the end of Conan tonight and then UAB next week. Man, this is a rough month!
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So flippin' sad Crying or Very sad
Can't believe there's only one week left. The end of an era for me. -but just as I tuned in today, I got to hear my favorite tracks from Innoventions. Very Happy You guys did a fantabulous job with this site. It will be missed. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to save it and keep it on the air. It has brought me nothing but fond memories of the place I worked at for a decade.
Love it, and miss it already.
Thank you UAB!

Disney Fan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: