Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Important UAB Site Announcement

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Important UAB Site Announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Important UAB Site Announcement Reply with quote

To all of our friends at Utilidors Audio Broadcasting (if you are a member, you are a friend!);

It is with a heavy heart to announce that we will be closing Utilidors Audio Broadcasting at the end of February (2/28/09).

This has been a long and difficult decision but due to the circumstances, it is the right decision.

Although we have the support of the entire site, and a great many are our financial supporters, there are other expenses that we (the admins) incur that come out of our own pockets. With the current financial difficulties that we all are facing right now, we just cannot continue to feed the needed expenses. On top of the financial situation, our schedules have changed making it more difficult to give the site the attention it needs and deserves.

We so greatly appreciate the contributions from those who are able to make the donations, but I’m sure it’s tough on a number of you also and we are having a hard time justifying asking for donations.

So, with the current donations we have, we will keep the site open for the month of February, with the last day of the broadcast being Saturday, February 28, 2009.

If you feel the need to still have that audible Disney Fix we all need time and again, there are a few sites that we would recommend:

Subsonic Radio
Disney Tunes Radio Network
ImaginEARing

(we can’t vouch for quality or content, but they do broadcast Disney Park Music)

We appreciate what you all have done for us, and your love for the site. We, too, will be sad to see it go, but the time is right and the choice is a good one.

We thank you all, and those of you who have been with us from the beginning, we so appreciate your support!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact any of the admins directly, or you can post them in the forums.

Again, thank you all for your support. We will miss you all.

DaveyPoo, Ellory, ltldeb, and theEpiphany
The UAB Admins

Last edited by daveypoo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Kati24
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly very sad news. Is there anything we can do to save UAB?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is horrible. This is the one web site I actually enjoy and feel a part of...

If there are any options available to change this decision, adding more admins, etc, let us know...
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've no idea how much UAB will be missed!!

Is there anything that can be done to save it?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sad day, and UAB will be missed. There are other sites with Disney music, but nothing compared to the UAB tracks.

And most of all, I will miss the people who post and those I met at the meet in October 2007. We'll have to agree on another site we can get together on.

And Grumpy will have to find another place to play games while he is working.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... Stupid economy. You can't quit now, I still have yet to go to a UAB meet!

I feel awful. Would you guys at least open up a blog or something to keep us all in the loop? Maybe there's a free forum app out there somewhere that we could get onto.

Take care everyone. I wish you the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set up a Facebook group called "Friends of UAB". We knew people would want to stay in touch and we thought this might work. Maybe we'll also look into a free forum site so we can keep those types of topics going too.

We knew people would be disappointed, and we know UAB will be missed. Figment is right, there are no other sites that have the tracks or quality we have here.

We are sorry, we feel like we've let people down, but this is something we have to do.

DisneyDave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! You guys have had a long and successful run. As a former member and admin of UAB it is a sad feeling, however I understand your reasons. UAB set the bar high for Disney Audio sites, and truly effected how all newcomers were created. I am sure in time there will be new things from all of you in one form or another!

Congratulations on the successful site that you had for many years, and thank you for all the great Disney Audio you shared with all of us.

The site will be missed.

Dave...
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very sad news. Sad

Now I might have to do work with the time I set aside to play games on UAB. Rolling Eyes
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very sad for all of us. We too will miss everyone and everything at UAB. Rest assured, we will find each other out there in "Cyber-world"...and you never know...we might even try to organize a UAB reunion Jamboree at one of the parks some day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thedisneyman
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear that UAB will be closing.

I know how much work all of you put into the site.
I will always remember the 2006 UAB Jamboree at Disneyland! It was a great time!

Best wishes to all of you.
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I've only been here a short while compared to others, I have to congratulate everyone on UAB for such a long run and for providing wonderful music. You guys actually stole me from Subsonic Radio; guess I should go back there and log into my account and start posting there again, lol.

...I remember in '07 when my college program at WDW ended and I came back home to TX while my twin brother stayed at Disney, I was miserable. I was back to coloring comics- something I love- but as I would sit down during long work-marathons(seeing less than an hour of sleep for three days in one case), my thoughts got to me and I realized how much I missed my job at Disney. What I do in comics is fantastic and I love seeing my hard work in print- especially because it's Transformers, one of my childhood interests; but it will never compare to what I got with Disney.
As a character performer, I actually became a part of people's lives. I was in their memories as they would leave the parks. A kids first visit- an old man's 100th visit.
UAB gave me what I feel like I gave others at Disney. It gave me my memories back in a mouse-shaped box to revisit every time I tuned in. Some goofy dance I would do as Chip or Dale; pretending to be a statue as Figment. My first parade at Disney-MGM Studios(which it was at the time) as Kermit the Frog. UAB gave me the baby that fell asleep on my lap, as well the mother who yelled at my attendant because "Chip and Dale had to go get some pecan pie and will be back in 5 minutes!". You folks at UAB let me relive what I missed as I do what I love with comics. Nothing can replace that; and while I'm sad to see you go, I'm happy we got to meet.
You will all be missed; but y'all had this tough decision to make, and you made a decision that was best for the admins and us all(you can't give us your best if you're having hard times). UAB had a wider variety of music and attractions from every park of Disney's- the quality was incredible and everyone gave us our Disneyfix with their best foots forwards.
There are other Disney theme park music sites out there(thanks for providing alternative choices!), but UAB was the king of them all.

Hopefully, one day, I'll get to meet you guys at the parks and shake your hands individually for making long work days short and short memories long ones. For providing a little bit of that magic we thought we could only get at the parks.

Thank you very much for everything- and I hope the best for every one of you(even those I haven't personally met in the forums). Smile

...and I'm totally joining that Facebook group.
trekty
Airport Information Representative
Airport Information Representative

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am saddened to hear that UAB will close. UAB was my first venture into an online community, and boy did I get spoiled here! You all have done a wonderful job, and I will never forget the friends I made. I too have many happy memories of the 2006 meet in DL, what a blast! Thank you for setting such a high standard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm speechless - or maybe breathless is a better description. This has been my favorite site for I don't know how long. It's what gets me through the day. I am truly heartbroken upon hearing the news.

I would like to thank all that have made UAB what it is today. I honestly appreciate all the hard work and dedication you have put into this site. It is truly first class all the way.

I understand how this economy has brought you to the sad decision. But if there was anything, ANYTHING, that could be done to save it - please count me in to do (or contribute) my share.

You guys are the best. Beth
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, nooooo!!!!

There has to be a way to keep this going. We need to find a way. Sure this is economy sucks, but UAB has always been the constant that we can depend on.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can weather the storm? Seriously, there has to be a way.

You guys all mean a ton to me and it would be a shame to lose this great place just because a bunch of moronic CEOs need to cut the bottom line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: