Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What do you think of the New Blue Bayou?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What do you think of the New Blue Bayou?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: What do you think of the New Blue Bayou? Reply with quote

Well the Blue Bayou was "Improved" during the last Pirates refurb. A new kitchen, new chef designed menu, and new prices...

If you have had a chance to eat there since the changes, let us know what you think.

We had a chance to eat there for lunch the day before the UAB Jamboree, and I have to say I was dissapointed Sad Let me first say, that we make it a point to ALWAYS eat at least once EVERY trip at the Blue Bayou.. Either for lunch or Dinner.. it's been a family tradition.

I now think that tradition will be changing. Sad The atmosphere and ambience are still unbelivable and unique... BUT the food choices and prices left much to be desired.

The average price for a lunch entree was $25.00. And they have taken the food from a good selection, to being very upscale and not very appetizing in my opinion.

They have changed everything including their great gumbo they used to offer.

The souvenier menu was great... but for 6 people to have lunch for $130 plus... the ambience and location... just doesn't make up for it.

I appreciate Disney's effort, but I think they missed the bateux on this one Sad
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention they don't have the "Craptain's" treasure on the kids menu any longer. Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DisneyDave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb wrote:
Not to mention they don't have the "Craptain's" treasure on the kids menu any longer. Crying or Very sad

Yes.... as the master of the ordering of the "Craptains Treasuer" DisneyDaveJr was very dissapointed at that omission to the offerings Laughing Laughing
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No gumbo!!!! Don't Know

Hello!!! Bayou . . . . gumbo . . . . it's tradition!!!

We always go there once per trip (sometimes lunch, somtimes dinner). These changes don't sound good . . . . Rolling Eyes
epcotfan23
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inflation has something to do with that...
Disney has always been a bit over-priced. Sad to see the Gumbo is off the menu; that used to be a tasty starter. Sad
thedisneyman
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went for lunch a couple of days before the Jamboree and I was disappointed at the selection on the menu not to mention the prices. The dinner menu had more selection, but the prices jumped even higher.

We ate at Cafe Orleans on our last day and while pricey I thought it was very good. I had the Gumbo Crepe and the Chocolate Crepe for desert...yum!

As for Gumbo, I still enjoyed having Gumbo out near the Pirates line in the bread bowl.

Darn, now I'm craving the Gumbo!
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't been since the changes, but i have seen the new menu. i wasn't impressed. crab cakes reduced to an overpriced appetizer? wtf ever. now the only thing remotely interesting on the entire entree list is the stupid monte cristo for lunch. and those make me toss.
DisneyDave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify... the gumbo is still there... BUT it's not the same gumbo Crying or Very sad It now has chunks of chicken in it... and it's not a spicy...

They need to bring back the old gumbo... Cool
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyDave wrote:
Just to clarify... the gumbo is still there... BUT it's not the same gumbo Crying or Very sad It now has chunks of chicken in it... and it's not a spicy...

They need to bring back the old gumbo... Cool

I remember the old gumbo they had. It was to die for. Smile I also love their famous Monte Cristo! Exclamation
mattsemoto
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an annual passholder, I don't usually eat at the parks, but...I have eaten at the Bayou twice in the last month...The food was really good in my opinion. I think They are trying to make it into the "Upscale" restaurant that they wanted it to be way back. The prices are a bit steep for the average family, and for the last few months, you have to have a reservation, no walk-ins available...The thing I disliked the most was tat you have to bbok at least 3 days in advance...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: