Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Marathon Weekend 2019

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Marathon Weekend 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Marathon Weekend 2019 Reply with quote

I have gone and done something that I've always wanted to do and it is very intimidating.

I have officially signed up for the WDW Half Marathon. Doing a major race down there has always been on my bucket list, and I'm now halfway there to checking it off. I also signed up for the 5K which I'm going to do with my daughter, who has the goal to do a 5K in every state.

So my question to you, dear UAB friend, is - what have I gotten myself into? I know there are few Run Disney regulars around here, so any advice about either training or navigating WDW that week would be appreciated.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we do have a few runners here, but I'm not sure if everyone checks the forums, so if you also post this on the UAB Facebook page, you'll get responses there as well.

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad. You will enjoy the entire weekend immensely. Being prepared fpr the race is very important. The party starts in the airport. And the 5K with your daughter will be something you will both always remember.
allgold
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have a great time! Be prepared for the heat in January that has been the norm for me. I missed out on the weekends that were cool. Be ready to wake up early. And enjoy the journey! I will be running the full!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: