Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-Imangine Big Thunder Ranch @ DL

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-Imangine Big Thunder Ranch @ DL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re-Imangine Big Thunder Ranch @ DL Reply with quote

It seems some of you want to give this a try again.

Here is an area that I feel is just wanting to be used. At one time this was supposed to be a whole new land. I have some ideas but let's see what the membership here can some up with first.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to participate in this thread, but I have never been to Disneyland, so I'm not sure what the ranch is like today...

The concept of a ranch is so varied with options. Old western ranch, tying in with frontierland, Californian ranch pulling in Zorro and company, modern farmland ranch, something Mid west based.
eatmon74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ranch is a big open air restaurant and stage. Google Disneyland it is behind Big thunder on the walk way between fantasyland and Frontierland. I will post my idea in the next couple of days when I can sit at a computer not on my phone.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Thunder Ranch is a family style bar-b-cue restaurant - food is fairly good with a stage for "western" entertainment. The "Ranch" used to have Santa and Mrs Clause and the reindeer during the holidays, however, with the theme change that house now features Santa Goofy. The last 2 years the area next to the "Ranch" where private parties were held has opened up with a stage and Santa and Mrs Clause, some themed game areas a small food offering, cookie frosting and a stage for Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Holiday show (not nearly as good as the one at the Golden Horseshoe) climaxing with an appearance of a few of the "Country Bears" - last year it was better than the first year of the change - Oh ya - the name of the "themed area" was Jingle Jangle Jamboree - we miss the Billies being in the Golden Horseshoe as that show was fantastic and I have never seen one of my favorite Admins laugh so hard in my life - great fun Smile I am not sure how this area is used the rest of the year as we have only made Holiday trips the last 2 yrs
boundlessrealm
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting enough.. its getting re-imagined in a way that NO ONE saw coming isn't it??
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boundlessrealm wrote:
Interesting enough.. its getting re-imagined in a way that NO ONE saw coming isn't it??

And it still looks like Tattooine.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How soon will we be able to see the results ... can we visit now or will we have to wait til all is completed ...

Smile
boundlessrealm
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has actually been quite a bit of work done already. Still not near being completed. But the DLRR & Rivers of America portion is looking great and will be opened this summer.
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it back in November from the parking garage - and, yeah, it was just a bunch of piles of dirt, but you could then look at the concept art and see what the big piles of dirt were going to become.

I'm ridiculously excited, because I am a giant nerd.

(And can I secretly hope that Adventures through Inner Space comes back to replace Star Tours? Lol)
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omigosh, BabyLeMur, are you starting a petition? I would sign! I would get friends to sign! I would run through traffic getting people to sign!

When I was a child I cannot tell you how conflicted I was when Star Tours usurped Adventures Thru Inner Space ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: