Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Your Way modifications and plays!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Your Way modifications and plays!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: UAB Your Way modifications and plays! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

You asked for it (ok a decade ago, but I got backed up!....the check was in the mail!....I got locked in the bathroom) and we finally made some modifications to the UAB Your Way Show selection.

Like any web community, users come and go, some are more casual than others, and some are regulars and enjoy various levels of more intimate participation. No matter what, we appreciate all of our listeners and community members!

To better facilitate the UAB Your way selection process with our "Randomizer", the following considerations are now made:

1. Candidates are ACTIVELY copper status or above.
2. Candidates maintain at least 50 tracks in their "My Favorites" briefcase
3. Candidates have not been selected for previous (X) number of shows.

As you can see, we've changed up the way the selection process is done! While it's at random still, we've made accomodations so that listeners will not be selected for back to back shows or within a certain number of shows since they were last selected. This modification to Professor Hotzenheimer "Randomizer" will make sure that selects are done more fairly for all of our community members!

Also, I'm thinking of doing daily UAB Your Way shows for Tuesday Wednesday AND Thursday.

I'd be curious to gauge everyone's thoughts on that and welcome your insight and opinions on the matter.

We thank you for your continued participation! Wishing everyone the very best.

-D
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan to me ... glad you are visiting and revisiting all the aspects of the site and continue to make great new upgrades ...

Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spreading them out sounds like a good idea, but could they be different times on each of these days?
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
spreading them out sounds like a good idea, but could they be different times on each of these days?

That was what I was thinking as well. If you have proposed times I'm all for it. I've been mulling this over and can't make up my mind. Smile. The whole idea is that I want people to be able to listen, and we have the most users in the mornings between say 8-noon PST.

Keep in mind the Artist .5 hour Block is on Wednesdays and Ellory's EPCOT experience is on Thursdays.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no preferences other than keep in mind the time difference between coasts. The 8am West coast hits East coast around late morning which works well. Possibly similarly timed for Central and Western.

That would still fall with in your prime user hrs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: