Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Everyone deserves a free ride

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Everyone deserves a free ride
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take any points Jason doesn't want (or any other freebies)! Smile
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John I am sure you are in a need for points. Rolling Eyes
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jason doesn't want the points I can always use them - stockpiling for Holidays you know ...

I did receive the banner but it was on 2/21 late in the evening and I did not receive my twofer Sad but no worries all is good - will continue to watch as I am requesting in the coming days ...

Smile
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no twofers or threefers on Thursdays.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Tuesday night - wasn't that the 21st - isn't Tuesaday a twofer or did that change while I was in ever never land ... I know I am old but thought I looked at the calendar correctly - at any rate thanks for the freebie ... no worries ...

Smile
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have gotten a free request that night. There's another thread on this topic. I had to make an adjustment because of the way requests are added and processed.

Twofers are processed for each track at the bottom of the queue if they're flagged as a request. a Track from the same attraction will not be processed IF:

* There are no other attractions that are of the same attraction/generation
* You request tracks "rapid-fire" back to back quicker than the twofer processing can take place.
* Someone else makes a request at nearly the same time you do, meaning that Requests are in quick succession and are coming into the server faster than the requests can be processed.

It's been in the back of my mind to attempt to fix it, but the procedure of what happens when a request is made is rather intricate and there's no easy way to modify it beyond what's already there for a twofer to play.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the message on Sunday around 5:30 EST. Was not expecting it as it was not Thursday. Did not notice if it actually was no miles, or just gave the message.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think I got the "free ride" today. After making a handful of requests, one more track that I didn't pick came up and played with my name listed and the same dedication as the last track. I thought I was seeing things at first, but doing some research it seems like it was due to this new feature. Tres cool. Thanks!
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTToad wrote:
So I think I got the "free ride" today. After making a handful of requests, one more track that I didn't pick came up and played with my name listed and the same dedication as the last track. I thought I was seeing things at first, but doing some research it seems like it was due to this new feature. Tres cool. Thanks!

Hi JTTOAD,

To clarify, what you experienced is not how the "free Ride" works. The only way you'd know about your "free ride" is you would get an announcement on the "Request Success Confirmation Page" (Where you're able to type your dedication), OR if you make a request and visit your Pending Requests page, you'll see a track with 0 flyer miles next to it. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what you experienced. I'm not necessarily doubting you, but the code of the broadcast doesn't behave this way as it crosschecks/references to the Request Idenifier, Queue Identifier and Song Identifier. Could it have been local browser cache perhaps?

If it happens again, please let me know. This is the first time I've heard of something like this.
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally possible as I was doing something else at the time. And when the track was over and in the "recently played" section it had a different username attached. So it is likely that. Sorry for the confusion.

I did have another thing happen earlier on Saturday. When I was making requests, I went to click on one of the tracks I wanted, but it said it was already in the queue - which of course I was okay with. But when it came up in the middle of my other requests, with my name attached, I was puzzled. Could I have blacked out and not remember already clicking the request button - yep. Especially since I was doing this at work and my mind is in 17 different places at once.

So I went searching through the forums because I remembered seeing something about "free tracks" and I wasn't sure if that was it. I guess not. Maybe I am really that special!

Or I just don't remember anything correctly. Either way I got to hear the Tomorrowland Transit Authority load spiel, which made me happy.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it's not you at all! Please tell us! I just get very frustrated with the current code and lately I feel like I'm always tripping over....undocumented features.

I can't wait to retire it all.

Single Sign on is currently my main focus. 12 years of having to login twice was one of the dumber "bandages" I came up with to force two pieces of software that aren't working together to work together.
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/url]
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boundlessrealm wrote:
[/url]

I needed that.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: