Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Breaking News! Off Kilter is being retired

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Breaking News! Off Kilter is being retired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Breaking News! Off Kilter is being retired Reply with quote

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/epcot/news/28aug2014-epcot%27s-most-popular-live-entertainment-groups-to-be-retired-in-september.htm
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, Disney makes a surprising change for change sake. I'm sure the Off Kilter fans are going to come out in droves to see them before their final performance. I think I am more upset about the Fife and Drums Corps being canned at the American Adventure. They perform a wonderful show that truly adds to the ambiance of the area. So sad...Sad
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been playing (Off Kilter) for 17 years. I understand freshening up the shows... But for my own selfish reasons, Stop The Madness!!!! I completely expected Off Kilter to be playing for many many many more years . I expected them to have walkers and canes and wearing depends under the kilts.... Those that get to see the Final performance my hats off to you.. Very Happy
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess that I will have to see them on video or elsewhere as I don't know if I will get to WDW before they depart - if I ever get there at all - I do like their music and hope that we will continue to have the pleasure of their tracks here on UAB Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read World Showcase Players are also going,which is a shame as they have been there almost as an institution, and are very popular.

guess ,y big question is what is going to replace these shows, or are they just going to do with out.
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen Off Kilter, but I've (obviously) heard their music many a'time.
We're going to WDW in the fall, so we'll have to stop in.
I do hope that they replace these shows. Music is such an important piece of the visit. I was saddened when I heard The Beatles cover group was leaving (I suddenly can't recall their names). I saw a YouTube video of the group that replaced them and thought they sounded great (IMHO).
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a big fan of Off Kilter, I am not surprised.... they have not done ANYTHING new for many, many years... Same arrangements, same songs, same corny jokes, etc.... The recent re-org to "more traditional" was a step back in my opinion...

Would have prefered they did something else or new (*cough* Christmas album *cough*)....

Really tinkle about the Fife and Drum Corp... Mad
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with this closing, Off Kilter Fans conceed the war to the Poly Fans... we fought a long hard battle, but al good things must come to an end...

Atl least I can mess with the Poly fans by reminding them that the lobby is changing... no more volcano, plants or water... Just a normal hotel lobby... HAHAHAHAHA!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a normal hotel lobby... but with great area music.

Guess we will have to keep off-kilter memories alive on UAB.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it is a drag they were given the boot, the lumberjack show is closer to the orginal plan of Epcot Center, which was to educate guests on cultures endemic to their respective country. You'll have to agree a lumberjack show is more Canadian than a bagpipe wedding band.

However, I believed it's doomed to fail, given they shoehorned it on OK's old stage, and from what I've seen, it's pretty cheesy. No staying power at all.

I'm not a fan of Off Kilter, but I'm not indifferent to their popularity and it is a shame Disney can't put them somewhere else for their fans.
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because Ok is leaving EPCOT doesn't mean we can't have some Poly vs Ok on UAB - I always find it most fun and love listening and seeing the comments ...

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: